Author Topic: John Karlen home recovering from diabetic attack!!  (Read 3514 times)

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
Re: John Karlen home recovering from diabetic attack!!
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2002, 05:17:18 AM »

We did a large unit on genetics in Biology this year. Scientists are getting closer and closer to finding a cure.

The genetic component of diabetes has long been the focus of intense worldwide research, leading scientists to some important findings. Diabetes depends on both genetic and non-genetic risk factors. I have heard of Islet Cell Transplantation, don't know if this is what you were talking about. Let's just hope they find the cure!  :)
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2002, 06:17:44 AM »

The Nevada Chapter of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, held the Annual Walk To Cure Diabetes, today at UNLV, to raise $450,000.00. The money goes to diabetes research organizations here in Las Vegas. This was my third Walk. My daughter Stephanie joined me again for the second time. It was fun. We turned in a good amount of funds in Craig Slocum's memory. It's because of him, that I got involved. The Walk draws people together in a healthy activity for a worthy cause. I feel good about being a part of it. About 2500 people turned out today! I'm glad I was there.
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2002, 11:13:16 AM »

The Nevada Chapter of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, held the Annual Walk To Cure Diabetes, today at UNLV, to raise $450,000.00. The money goes to diabetes research organizations here in Las Vegas. This was my third Walk. My daughter Stephanie joined me again for the second time. It was fun. We turned in a good amount of funds in Craig Slocum's memory. It's because of him, that I got involved. The Walk draws people together in a healthy activity for a worthy cause. I feel good about being a part of it. About 2500 people turned out today! I'm glad I was there.

Hey, that's great Cheryl!

Hopefully one day (soon) they'll find a cure for this dreaded disease!  :-)

"Calamity Jane"

Offline Afan

• Full Poster
  • Another body from Collinwood for me to autopsy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2002, 03:51:43 AM »
[hello]Dear Mr. Karlan,
Please get well soon. I have enjoyed your performances for over thirty years now, and hope to see many many more.
Afan
Where are they getting these bodies, Mulder,  are they making them?

Afan