Author Topic: Dameon Edwards  (Read 4717 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Dameon Edwards
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2007, 03:13:55 AM »
The early 70's were my college years.....and I'd go back for a visit in a heartbeat. ;)

As would I. I'd throw in the '80s as well (my wildest decade in more ways than one  [lghy]). The '90s, though, were mostly all work and not so much play - but I wouldn't mind going back to my first few years on the Internet knowing what I know now. For one, I'd make sure the eventual rise of Internet Explorer as the dominant browser would never turn out the way it did.  [Blow_Up_IE]   [b003]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2007, 07:58:25 AM »
Things started falling apart midway through the 70s I think, and just kept going downhill.     The late 70s were a pointless time to be in college (of course I weas at a pointless college too), but the early 70s would have been something very different.    
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2007, 03:32:40 PM »
If there ever is another DS revival, they could do a storyline where the heroes have to go back in time to the seventies.  The plot can start in present time with Collinwood being haunted by the melody of "Precious and Few."  Now that would drive everyone out of the Great House faster than Quentin's ghost.

Gerard

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2007, 03:44:24 PM »
I'd make sure the eventual rise of Internet Explorer as the dominant browser would never turn out the way it did.
And what method would you use?  I Ching?  Voodoo?  Black mass?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2007, 06:31:21 PM »
If there ever is another DS revival, they could do a storyline where the heroes have to go back in time to the seventies.  The plot can start in present time with Collinwood being haunted by the melody of "Precious and Few."  Now that would drive everyone out of the Great House faster than Quentin's ghost.

How anyone living in this decade would think time travel was needed to find terrible music is beyond me.     I think the same scenario would make far more sense in reverse.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline JVjr

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2007, 04:33:37 AM »
I think Damian Edwards was a guest at Collinwood, who [spoiler]had a love interest in Angelique as well as others, and was murdered by Angelique.[/spoiler] I guess they just threw his ghost in there to fill up time until the HODS actors came back. JVjr

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2007, 05:10:15 AM »
How anyone living in this decade would think time travel was needed to find terrible music is beyond me.     I think the same scenario would make far more sense in reverse.

I think they would go back in time in order to answer the question on everyone's mind:  Did we really dress like that?

Gerard

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2007, 05:29:32 AM »
Pictures exist - no one has to go back in time for proof of that.  ;D

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2007, 07:49:18 AM »
I think they would go back in time in order to answer the question on everyone's mind:  Did we really dress like that?

People with sense and individuality usually looked fine to great.    Mindless trend-followers back then looked bad, because the trends were more conspicuous.     In a sense, the late 60s/early 70s had the best and worst of everything, which I prefer to the universal blandness of now.