Author Topic: DS RETURNS JANUARY 2ND !!!!!  (Read 2498 times)

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
Re: DS RETURNS JANUARY 2ND !!!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2003, 05:04:30 AM »
Hey, we finally got a DVD player also.  It is a rare thing in our house to be up to date.  We tend to lag behind all that stuff for at least 5 to l0 years.  People can't believe we still have a turntable on our stero in the family room.  

Now I am wondering how I could sneak the DS DVD's into the house.  My husband would think i went over the edge.   I am thinking about it though.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2003, 05:38:31 AM »
wow !it is a birthday present for me too adra
but i'm trying hard to forget it! think i'll travel backwards! as for me don't care what time it is on that is why we have VCRS and numerous tvs!

jennifer(29 again!))
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Connie

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2003, 06:23:17 AM »
Hey, we finally got a DVD player also.  It is a rare thing in our house to be up to date.  We tend to lag behind all that stuff for at least 5 to l0 years.  People can't believe we still have a turntable on our stero in the family room.

Same here!  We just recently got a DVD player and tend to lag behind.  We also don't have a cell phone, AND have never had a microwave oven.  LOL

Hey....you NEED a turntable.  I don't get it.  What have people done with all their record albums???  How else can you play them?  We've got over 4000 albums in this house.

ROFLMAO....but I bet we've got something most people DON'T have.  Get this....a water distiller.  :o  [hdscrt]
My husband distills all the water for drinking and cooking.

Mama mia

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2003, 04:20:34 PM »
It will be good to have our show back.  A day without posting Robservations seems to me like a day that's missing something vital.

We have all the latest of everything--my husband insists on it.  I can yell all I want about the expense, but he just ignores me.  In his defense, he has made sure I've gotten all the latest DS DVD's, so I can't be too pissy about it.  He just seems intent on replacing every single one of his favorite movies on tape with the DVD version.  He loves many, many movies, so that's an expensive proposition!

HAPPY 2003, all!

Love, Robin

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2003, 06:53:38 PM »
Now that we have a DVD player, we're pretty much up to date with everything. No, I take that back--we don't have a digital camera--yet.
We still have a turnstile but rarely play records. Gave up the 8-tracks when cassettes came out and gave those up when CD's appeared. As long as VCR's still exist, will continue to use our videos but won't replace them until absolutely necessary.
I wouldn't know what to do without our microwave altho I do use the oven, the toaster oven and the grill.
We all have cellphones for emergencies but our daughter uses hers to keep in touch with friends.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Lindsey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2003, 11:56:11 PM »
Jennifer and Adra,

Me too! Well, technically my birthday isn't until the 4th, but that's a Saturday, so I'll just take my Sci-Fi present on the 2nd.

-Lindsey
"What is the truth?" 
"That I love you.  No matter how much I fight my feelings, I will always love you."
                          -Barnabas and Angelique 1840

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2003, 04:53:29 AM »
We don't have a digital camara either.  I am with you Carol I don't plan on replacing my favorite movies with DVD's until need be.  My sister did give me one of my favorites for my birthday yesterday, " The Quiet Man".  I love that flick and so does my hubby.   Mind you my birthday was in April.  lol.  I didn't even notice she had forgotten about it last year.  With the DVD player I have a feeling they are going to be an easy present for members in our family.  

Birdie--I will be up early tomorrow, drinking coffee watching DS.  Hurrah!
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth