Author Topic: Hey!  (Read 2196 times)

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
Re: Hey!
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2003, 04:54:10 AM »
Congratulations LAFB!  Oh freedom....I remember that is how I felt when I got my licence.  

Connie, I know what you are going through I have two that drive.  The oldest just went to a New Year's party.  He won't be coming home tonight.   At least he won't be on the road with the looneys.  

I don't think I will survive the next two getting there licence.   What was I thinking having four kids?  

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2003, 05:51:09 AM »
HAPPY DRIVING LAFB [hello]

jennifer
still can't believe there are two of you here!
and i learned to drive in Boston NJ can't be as bad

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2003, 04:33:00 PM »
Congrats, LAFB, on getting your license.  I still remember my own joy, more than two years ago, when I took my son for his driving test and he passed, on the first shot.  Drive safely and always come home in one piece to your parents.  They will worry themselves sick.  Please take them into consideration and know they love you and aren't trying to step on your fun with all their warnings.  

I only have one child, Birdie, so I can just imagine your worry over having two on the road--with two to go!

My son left the house about 7:30 last night and returned home at nearly 4:30 AM.  And yes, I was petrified, because not only are the drunks on the roads, we had a heavy fog alert last night, too!  He's safe in his bed, thank God, but when I questioned him about his evening, all he did was mumble.  I think we have kids so we learn, first hand, how hard it was for our parents raising us.  Yes, it's revenge, Birdie, revenge, I tell ya!

Happy new year!

Love, Robin

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2003, 06:31:46 PM »
I only have one child, Birdie, so I can just imagine your worry over having two on the road--with two to go!

I have one child, too, Birdie and she's been keeping my hairdresser happy covering all my gray hair.

My son left the house about 7:30 last night and returned home at nearly 4:30 AM.

When our daughter stays out that late, I can only sleep when I hear the garage door open and I know that she is home safe and sound.

He's safe in his bed, thank God, but when I questioned him about his evening, all he did was mumble.  I think we have kids so we learn, first hand, how hard it was for our parents raising us.  Yes, it's revenge, Birdie, revenge, I tell ya! Happy new year!
Love, Robin

Our daughter called us at midnight from First Night celebrations to wish us a Happy New Year. She and her friends were watching the fireworks and then going to Denny's for breakfast. She slept over at a friends. We'll see her sometime today.

Happy New Year everyone!
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe