Author Topic: Jenny and Magda's parentage?  (Read 3505 times)

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Jenny and Magda's parentage?
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2002, 04:40:24 AM »

This wasn't the Dinah Shore story was it?

No, that one was completely untrue. She was very hurt by it and it did hurt her career. Where it came from is anybody's guess.

A friend told me about a family she knew. It illustrates  genetics in a fascinating way. African American father, Swedish mother had four girls. One looked black, one looked Swedish and two appeared mixed.

As for Jenny and Magda, it would also be entirely possible to have same parents and one looked like Magda and one like Jenny. I have seen many families like that.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2002, 02:00:22 AM »
have to say that it was a stretch to think Jenny had "gypsy blood" i think she is far too fair just DS
messing with us again! kinda like another soap now OLTL and it's weird story line with Vicki lord and her twins!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2002, 04:05:14 AM »
have to say that it was a stretch to think Jenny had "gypsy blood" i think she is far too fair just DS
messing with us again! kinda like another soap now OLTL and it's weird story line with Vicki lord and her twins!

jennifer

It's DS writers imagination (or lack thereof) that led us to believe Roma people are all dark skinned and dark haired. . they aren't --sooo Jenny would be fine.  Magda and Sandor were the stereotypes.
Julia99

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2002, 04:29:04 AM »

It's DS writers imagination (or lack thereof) that led us to believe Roma people are all dark skinned and dark haired. . they aren't --sooo Jenny would be fine.  Magda and Sandor were the stereotypes.

sorry i'm not up on them but would have liked to have known the history of their family tree. it is more often
that families with mixes(like mine and a lot of Americans) have children that may look different
i look Italian , olive skinned dark hair my sister got the fair  skin and hair but it is less common to see two parents of the same heritage having children of such a contrast as those two. the rest of that tribe King J, Julianka ect are dark.but as my daughter says we're
all related anything possible!
just don't think the writers thought that much about it they used whatever actors they had and changed the storyline around week to week!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2002, 04:40:12 AM »

I had originally thought the gypsies came from the Rumania area of the world.  Brown hair, brown eyes and olive complected.  However, someone recently told me the following and I cannot confirm if it is true or not.  There is a group, which made national headlines very recently, made up of people who travel around in caravans if you will (cars/trucks) and do odd jobs for a living.  This group has had numerous run ins with the law for con-games and that sort of activity.  Some of these folks are blonde/blue eyed.

Many years ago I worked in a hospital as a Business Office Cashier.  Well, a 'King' or high-ranking gypsy was in our hospital so the tribe(?) more or less camped out in our lobby and made everyone nervous.  The boss kept telling us to lock everything up or it would disappear.  Well being very young at the time,  I was wide-eyed in awe of these people (especially some of the handsome young men) but I managed to keep my wits about me along with all of my possessions: - )
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2002, 06:08:46 AM »
I had originally thought the gypsies came from the Rumania area of the world....However, someone recently told me the following and I cannot confirm if it is true or not.  There is a group, which made national headlines very recently, made up of people who travel around in caravans if you will (cars/trucks) and do odd jobs for a living.  This group has had numerous run ins with the law for con-games and that sort of activity.  Some of these folks are blonde/blue eyed.

You're referring to the "Travelers" as they are commonly known.  They most recently came to national attention because that young mother who was caught on a security camera smacking her little girl senseless, was a member of a Traveler family.   Around here, they've been implicated in home improvement scams on elderly people. I'm pretty sure this group never set foot in Romania....they all had Irish names....which pretty much proves nationality hasn't got a damned thing to do with it! ::)

rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2002, 09:14:58 PM »
    Raineypark is correct.  Irish Travelers are not Rom Gypsy.  For more information www.shamrockshop.com/Information/Heritage/Irish%20abroad.htm
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2002, 06:16:51 AM »

I had originally thought the gypsies came from the Rumania area of the world.  Brown hair, brown eyes and olive complected.  However, someone recently told me the following and I cannot confirm if it is true or not.  There is a group, which made national headlines very recently, made up of people who travel around in caravans if you will (cars/trucks) and do odd jobs for a living.  This group has had numerous run ins with the law for con-games and that sort of activity.  Some of these folks are blonde/blue eyed.

Many years ago I worked in a hospital as a Business Office Cashier.  Well, a 'King' or high-ranking gypsy was in our hospital so the tribe(?) more or less camped out in our lobby and made everyone nervous.  The boss kept telling us to lock everything up or it would disappear.  Well being very young at the time,  I was wide-eyed in awe of these people (especially some of the handsome young men) but I managed to keep my wits about me along with all of my possessions: - )

wow Miss W that happened in my hospital in Mass
about 20 years ago. The king was having open
heart surgery and whoever kissed his ring if he died
would be the next King They camped out in the lobby and tried to break in the OR anyway the hospital
brass didn't kick them out tried to live with it. we were told to lock up our things but not much was stolen only a little food from cafe! they were very fun loving, happy people and it was fun to see them all as i went in to work , he lived and they moved on!

jennifer
hey take back all i said just read on one web site That
Bill Clinton may have Roma gypsy blood on his father's side thru scottish roots. one never knows!

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV