Author Topic: Today's Shows  (!)  (Read 2953 times)

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Today's Shows  (!)
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2002, 10:36:09 AM »
'twas my lucky day. Went shopping for Christmas dinner and though the place was packed, all the isles I needed to shop in were practically empty and I found everything I needed. Then I managed to find the one checkout line that was two people deep while all the others were no less than seven or more. I'm talking Costco on the last Sunday before Christmas!

Then I ran into Walmart and they had the CD that I couldn't even find at the major record stores. To top it off, there was a clerk there that was *available* and knew exactly where I could find exactly what I wanted. And I had the same luck at the checkout - no waiting. I was expecting shopping to be a nightmare today and to take forever. I was totally blown away at my luck today.

Happy Dom (no pun intended) ;)

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2002, 10:58:57 AM »
Connie Wrote:

Well, see, you were out at the wrong time.
Tonight I got a lot done.  The malls are open 'till 11:00 and people are clearing out by around 9.  THAT'S the time to go.  Plus, Sunday they're staying open 'till 8 and a lot of people don't realize it, or want to get home so after 6-6:30 it's great!

LOL!! You sound exactly like me now!  I do most of my shopping at night all year round just to avoid the crowds!  My Father keeps telling me that Im nuts to go out at night (Italian Men) and why can't I go out shopping in the daytime like "normal" people do, LOL!  Here I am in my early 40's and I still hear this!  I just can't take the crowds and hate the long lines. Tonight I went to our local CVS which is usually packed to the hilt, but on account of the holiday season they're open until midnight until Christmas Eve.  (I wish it was all year round)  Well, at 10pm I had the whole entire store to myself!![thumb]  I swear only two people came in while I was there and it was wonderful!  What a blessing!

Cassandra[/font]

"Calamity Jane"

Connie

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2002, 12:05:43 PM »
Connie, I have an eleven year old son also.  He would not want to hold my hand while walking in the mall.  Than again he doesn't like to go shopping unless it is for Cd's or movies.  Bring him to church and he hangs all over me.  It is called boredom.  I can't complain too much he will still kisses  me good-bye in front of his friends.

Well, THAT's good!  LOL  Don't know if mine would or not - haven't been around him and his friends for awhile.  (I won't let them in the house) LOL
It seems an odd time - being 11 and a boy.  They're rather goofy, confused, needy.....signs of hormones starting to kick in, but they're still little boys, ya know?  I mean, here my son won't let me take his arm or hold his hand in public, but God forbid I'm not there to tuck him in and kiss him goodnight!!  (And if he's in bed, and I don't show up within 5 minutes, he'll get OUT of bed and come get me!)  ROFL

-CLC  [hdscrt]

Connie

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2002, 12:17:31 PM »
Then I ran into Walmart and they had the CD that I couldn't even find at the major record stores. To top it off, there was a clerk there that was *available* and knew exactly where I could find exactly what I wanted. And I had the same luck at the checkout - no waiting. I was expecting shopping to be a nightmare today and to take forever. I was totally blown away at my luck today.

Well, I would say you were blessed with a very positive planetary configuration by the sound of things.
I'm scared to death of going anywhere near Walmart.  I mean, even on a regular day - no sort of holiday, that place always seems to be mobbed.  I've only been there maybe 2 or 3 times in my life, and never had much luck finding what I was looking for.

-CLC

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2002, 03:37:56 PM »
... but God forbid I'm not there to tuck him in and kiss him goodnight!!  (And if he's in bed, and I don't show up within 5 minutes, he'll get OUT of bed and come get me!)  ROFL  -CLC  [hdscrt]

LOL but that sounds like my husband when he goes to bed before I do!
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Connie

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2002, 08:26:01 AM »
LOL but that sounds like my husband when he goes to bed before I do!

Well, if ya ask me, he's spoiled.  (And yer the one who spoiled him).  (Besides his mother probably).

HEY YOU GUYS!!  Dontcha just love the way I pass judgement on a guy I've never met???  LOL

And anyway, he's Italian, so....there ya go - case closed.

Running and ducking for cover,
I am,
CLC  :-X

Connie

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2002, 03:02:46 PM »
My Father keeps telling me that Im nuts to go out at night (Italian Men) and why can't I go out shopping in the daytime like "normal" people do, LOL!  Here I am in my early 40's and I still hear this!  

[wavey]
And you'll probably keep ON hearing it.  Same here.  All I ever get are comments about the hours I keep.  It never stops.  All I can say is, I went out last night to do last-minute stuff at about 9:45, there were no crowds, no long lines, and the shopping was easy and a pleasure.  Got home a little after 11:00.  No muss, no fuss.

You'd think people would have more important things to concern themselves with other than the fact that I'm up all night.  They can all kiss my you-know-what.  (Not naming any names, the husband, my brother, my sister's boyfriend...it goes on and on).  LOL

-CLC  ;)

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2002, 10:31:14 PM »
These posts often remind me of a game of telephone--
we started regaling David Selby's superb performance and ended with Connie's relatives giving her grief about her sleeping hours.  

Don't get me wrong--I love the tangents, since we all learn so many interesting facts about each other, but it still gives me a giggle sometimes to watch the twisty progression of the discussions.

Love, Robin

Offline onyx_treasure

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2002, 12:39:56 AM »
we started regaling David Selby's superb performance and ended with Connie's relatives giving her grief about her sleeping hours.  

Don't get me wrong--I love the tangents, since we all learn so many interesting facts about each other, but it still gives me a giggle sometimes to watch the twisty progression of the discussions.

Love, Robin

Thats what I love about this board.  When you open a thread, you never know what you might find.  Now with your new post, we can talk about tangents.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Connie

« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2002, 02:13:15 PM »

Hope nobody minds.  I try to stay on topic in other people's threads but I figured since I started the thread it would be okay.  I mean, how many different ways can you gush over the wondrous Mr. Selby?  LOL
Anyway, I like hearing about Rainey's daughter, Birdie's son, and Dom's glorious shopping trip!  (Oh yeah...and even Carol's spoiled husband)  :P

-CLC  :)

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2002, 02:45:43 PM »
I couldn't agree with you more, Connie, I really love hearing about our spouses and kids, our dogs and other hobbies.  I realize DARK SHADOWS *IS* a lifestyle, but we are involved in other things, and that's as it should be.

To bring the thread back around, wait until you see Selby's performances in future episodes.  Dan Curtis made an excellent choice for Quentin.  Selby just gets better and better--and whatta nice piece of eye candy!  Yummy! (to quote Anne)

Love, Robin

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2002, 04:04:34 PM »
Wouldn't you like to be snowbound with Quentin today?
In my case, I'd want to be with Willie but since this is a Quentin topic, I'll take both! LOL

carolinamooon

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2002, 11:46:40 PM »
A Quentin-Willie sandwich, with Carol as the filling. . .

Is that what you had in mind?

Love, Robin

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2002, 02:19:15 AM »
A Quentin-Willie sandwich, with Carol as the filling. . .Is that what you had in mind?Love, Robin

Robin! You naughty lady! You read my mind! [blshy]

I LOVE IT!!!
carolinamooon

Connie

« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2002, 01:28:25 PM »
Robin! You naughty lady! You read my mind! [blshy]
I LOVE IT!!!

Tsk tsk.  I for one, am shocked.
Draw us a picture, Carol.

;)