Author Topic: Magna..you go girl!  (Read 1121 times)

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
Magna..you go girl!
« on: December 20, 2002, 03:09:11 AM »
Don't you just love Magna?  When they gave this part to Grayson Hall, she loved it to.

All those colorful clothes, jewelry, I'm mean alot of jewelry, the black wig, some make-up so she'll look darker, the green stole, tarot cards and the carpetbagger purse, I love it.

And she's got a mouth too.  She get these order from (sigh) Barnabas, and if you'll notice, she always say's a put down remarks to him.  Barnabas is not the only.

Poor Quentin.  She's always getting over on him.  Beth, Sandor, Judith, Dirk Wilkins  [uzi] ( I'd give her a metal for that), the Reverand Trask and his whole family, everyone but one person...her sister, Jenny.  

Magda, your an angel. [angl]

Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Magna..you go girl!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2002, 05:46:24 AM »
Well, angel might be stretching it a tad...,but she is sure is a whole lot of fun! Great part for a greater actress.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2002, 05:19:40 AM »
Well, angel might be stretching it a tad...,but she is sure is a whole lot of fun! Great part for a greater actress.

I would surely not wish for Magda to trick Barnabas in that fashion... altough Quentin should have known better than to trust a gypsy who smiles at  you while your drinking anything.
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2002, 11:44:04 AM »
Terry308Wrote:

Don't you just love Magna?  When they gave this part to Grayson Hall, she loved it to.
All those colorful clothes, jewelry, I'm mean alot of jewelry, the black wig, some make-up so she'll look darker, the green stole, tarot cards and the carpetbagger purse, I love it.

Grayson does do a fantastic job at portraying Magda! I also love how she does up the famous gypseeee accent. It must have been a challenge to keep that up during the storyline but she plays it off with such ease. I loved her character of Magda and wished that they used her in some of the other storylines as well.  Also, it must have taken hours to apply that dark make-up all the time,  even her hands are dark!

Cassandra[/font]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2002, 03:58:00 AM »
i wonder how long it took to take that make up OFF?  It probably wasn't as easy as today's stage makeup that just washes off under water .. I speak from recent green experience. .
Julia99

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2002, 11:00:26 PM »
i wonder how long it took to take that make up OFF?  It probably wasn't as easy as today's stage makeup that just washes off under water .. I speak from recent green experience. .

Remember the old Coppertone "self tanning" cremes & lotions?  Well, I wonder if it was similiar to that because when you applied them they were suppose to last for a couple of weeks.  I hated those lotions back then!  I remember using them and having my skin turn ORANGE.[/b][wow]

They've really improved since back then though, now they "actually" make you look like you've got a real tan, well, at least the Coppertone brand does and I guess after 25 years, they should have improved!;-)

Cassandra[/font]
"Calamity Jane"