Author Topic: Barnabas' Magic Comb!  (Read 1367 times)

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Barnabas' Magic Comb!
« on: December 19, 2002, 12:37:03 PM »
Wasn't it something how Crazy Jenny's hair looked 100 times better after Barnabas gave her the comb to use?
No washing, no shampoo, no setting, no nothing,  just a stroke of that magic comb there and poof!  Suddenly Crazy Jenny's hair is magically transformed from the Bride of Frankenstein to a nice sleek & shiny neat head of hair!!  It's hard to even imagine getting a comb through that hair!  Wish I had that comb to use on MY hair, lol!!  Makes you wonder why the heck no one ever took a brush or comb to Jenny's hair back at Collinwood!

Cassandra[/font]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Barnabas' Magic Comb!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2002, 06:21:30 AM »
Well, I thought she could have picked a more flattering style! I would have liked to see her look really pretty, not just kind of almost. Her false eyelashes top and bottom make for a very strange effect, too.

I can't imagine how Jenny kept the same level of disarray. I knew someone who didn't comb his long hair for years and he had something of a dreadlock result. Only that is to give dreadlocks an undeserved bad name. I know he commented that he was rather tired of it, but knew he wouldn't be able to comb it and didn't want to cut it. I don't know how often people shampooed then, but they were at least proud of doing their 50-100 brush strokes. Maybe they didn't trust one around Jenny?
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline victoriawinters

• Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2002, 07:02:47 AM »
Wasn't it something how Crazy Jenny's hair looked 100 times better after Barnabas gave her the comb to use?
No washing, no shampoo, no setting, no nothing,  just a stroke of that magic comb there and poof!  Suddenly Crazy Jenny's hair is magically transformed from the Bride of Frankenstein to a nice sleek & shiny neat head of hair!!  It's hard to even imagine getting a comb through that hair!  Wish I had that comb to use on MY hair, lol!!  Makes you wonder why the heck no one ever took a brush or comb to Jenny's hair back at Collinwood!

Cassandra[/font]

it must have been the "hair so new" hiding under the dressing table.  lol

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2002, 08:28:57 AM »
She borrowed Carolyn's Breck which i see is making
a come back! have to run out and buy a bottle to tame my frizzies(after i drink Vlad's cheer may not care!)

hiccup
jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2002, 10:27:32 AM »
I actually thought she looked prettier before the "fix-up"!!  True, it was really wild and horrid looking, but she didn't look at all pretty with that tight, pulled-back style.  If the other had just been smoothed over a bit, it would have been a big improvement.
Josette

Offline Anubis

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2002, 09:22:29 AM »
It worked even better than my Revo-Styler.

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2002, 04:25:43 PM »
As far as the hair goes, my best "let's make it work somehow within the context of the story" guess is that it did occasionally got brushed by Beth, but that Jenny was too much in the throes of her illness and fought her off more than not.

I agree that she looked pretty icky during her stay at the Old House. That awful dress/robe thing did not help at all.

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2002, 11:34:00 AM »
Josette Wrote:

If the other had just been smoothed over a bit, it would have been a big improvement

I couldn't agree with you more.  You know, the funny thing is that when she was hiding in Beth's room with the knife her hair suddenly seemed back to normal. Now, instead of being tied back she wore it loose with just the right amount of curls to give it that bouncey look.  Somebody did something right. ;-)

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"