Author Topic: Question for the Gang  (Read 3490 times)

Offline Rhonda

• Junior Poster
  • Whattya call a redhead with an attitude? Normal.
    • View Profile
Re: Question for the Gang
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2002, 07:38:37 AM »

It is my impression Laura was indicating it had been so long since she was that particular Laura Stockbridge, to once again be within her ghostly remains or inner spirit  so to speak.... she had not had those feelings in a very long time.  

I see. So she was thinking back to 100 years ago, remembering that life. From her reaction, it was one of her better ones. Thanks for your input!

Rhonda
Too much of a good thing can be wonderful.

-Mae West

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2002, 01:44:47 PM »

This is where my confusion comes in. I thought she burned in Alexandria. Is there a difference between Laura and the Phoenix burning? Which one burned in Alexandria?

The whole Laura thing has been confusing for some time now.  As a Phoenix she is suppose to "die" by fire and then resurect again back to the real world. This process is suppose to repeat itself every 100 years and out of the ashes the Phoenix is reborn again.  It gets more confusing as you go back into the years to try to trace her history.  We know that she was married to Jeremiah and according to Barnabas they had no children together.   However, somewhere along the line she must have had a child because during the early Laura episodes (1966) a seance was held and the spirit of David Murdoch Radcliff came through and said he was her son who died in a fire with his mother.  However, this was never clarified as to when or where this took place.

When Laura burned in Alexandria it was most likely her time to "die" again so she could be reborn again to claim her children.  Apparently she must have been granted a certain amount of time to do this because during this storyline and the last Laura Phoenix story she is constantly saying that she has "little time."

Cassandra[/font]
"Calamity Jane"

Connie

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2002, 05:13:55 PM »
Well, all I know is, I can't wait for Laura to be GONE.  Can't stand her and all her orgasmic moaning to Ra.  PLUS...talk about an image carved from wood...her face barely moves, and when she does show some sort of expression, it's expressionless.  Almost like her skin is too tight or something.
I cannot beLIEVE that Quentin was involved with her.  He must have been drunk most of the time or something.  LOL

-CLC  ;D

Offline Rhonda

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2002, 05:33:53 PM »
It gets more confusing as you go back into the years to try to trace her history.

It certainly does. I can't help thinking the writers hadn't really thought this through, evidenced by the conflicting child issue. Maybe they thought we wouldn't notice.

during this storyline and the last Laura Phoenix story she is constantly saying that she has "little time."

That's confusing too. I'm not sure if she has a hundred years for each life *or* if she can die like any mortal, (so she has to be careful) but then she cannot return until the hundred year mark has came around.

I am also not sure if she needs to offer up a sacrifice to stay alive and that's what she intends to do with her children.  It's all pretty damn mysterious.

Rhonda[/font]

-Mae West

Offline Rhonda

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2002, 05:48:28 PM »
talk about an image carved from wood...her face barely moves, and when she does show some sort of expression, it's expressionless.  Almost like her skin is too tight or something.

As Dorothy Parker says, "She runs the gamut of emotions from A to B."

I cannot beLIEVE that Quentin was involved with her.  He must have been drunk most of the time or something.  LOL

My theory on that is Quentin was just showing Edward he could get her if he wanted her. "You think she's yours, huh, Edward?" I'm sure he enjoyed taking Edward's wife to bed and laughing at him behind his back. Laura followed Quentin to Egypt, he didn't take her with him. Her comments to him all indicate he dumped her there. Burn, baby, burn.

Rhonda

-Mae West

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2002, 11:35:44 PM »
i think she was getting the warmth from the burning and fire because she is starting to cool down. must be all that time spent with RD! LOL!  I detest laura and think she is far too old for Quentin(i'm in a nasty mood today!) the story of Laura never made any sense and i only hate Amanda more than her! they both make me run from the room! I'm with Connie(good company) only not believing that quentin would have anything to do with her!!
jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline ms._hoffman

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2002, 04:37:24 AM »
Well, all I know is, I can't wait for Laura to be GONE.  Can't stand her and all her orgasmic moaning to Ra.  PLUS...talk about an image carved from wood...her face barely moves, and when she does show some sort of expression, it's expressionless.  Almost like her skin is too tight or something.

-CLC  ;D

Orgasmic moaning - I agree and couldn't have described it better.  

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2002, 11:51:54 AM »
Connie Wrote:

Im with you all the way on this one!! I never cared much for her either.  What's even harder to imagine is the stuffy Edward Collins being in love with her enough to marry her!

And she ain't the only one!   Don't forget Amanda Harris!![smash]  Except for Beth, he never did pick a good choice of women!

Cassandra[/font]

"Calamity Jane"

Offline Rhonda

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2002, 03:29:58 AM »
<
I'm with Connie(good company) only not believing that quentin would have anything to do with her!!

I think it was nothing serious to Quentin, he was just doing it to Edward to show he could. You don't run off to Egypt and leave the person if you care about them. He may have been running from her!

Rhonda

-Mae West

Offline Rhonda

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2002, 03:34:28 AM »

Except for Beth, he never did pick a good choice of women!

Angelique would have been a good match for him, don't ya think?

Rhonda[/font]

-Mae West

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2002, 07:00:48 PM »

Angelique would have been a good match for him, don't ya think?

Just you wait. . ..
Julia99

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2002, 10:51:03 AM »
Rhonda Wrote:

He may have been running from her!

LOL!!  You know, I never thought of it that way before but you're probably right, after all, SHE was the one who followed him there!

Cassandra[/font]
"Calamity Jane"