Author Topic: OT: Santa Claws  (Read 1817 times)

Offline RingoCollins

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
OT: Santa Claws
« on: December 12, 2002, 06:26:45 AM »
http://apt.mywebpal.com/news_tool_v2.cfm?NPV2Datasource=APTPartners&pnpid=18&show=newscast&CategoryID=326&om=6

clik on the above to see a pic of me in full Santa regalia, with our Border Collie, Cookie!  If you clik on the photo, you can read the story, but the photo goes away!?  But if you look close in the caption, you can see my real name, Rick Glover, aka RingoCollins!

If any of you are in the Atlanta Area on the weekends, bring your pooch or Miss Kitty out and have a pic made!  Or we are also doing gift wrapping for donations at Northlake Mall!  come on by!

cheers,
Ringo
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline Mark Rainey

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
Re: OT: Santa Claws
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2002, 06:36:51 AM »
Ringo, don't tell stories. That picture has gotta be the real Santa! It's just gotta! I mean, that's his dog and everything, right?! Yep, that's the real Santa.

--Mark

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2002, 08:41:12 AM »
If any of you are in the Atlanta Area on the weekends, bring your pooch or Miss Kitty out and have a pic made!  Or we are also doing gift wrapping for donations at Northlake Mall!  come on by!

Ringo, have I told you lately that I think you're wonderful?!

Your previous stint as Santa inspired me to participate when a local group was doing the same last weekend for a nearby animal shelter.  There's no dog in my household (sniff) or cat, but we made do and the Santa was a terrific sport about it.

See avatar.  :D

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2002, 05:55:20 AM »
Wow Ringo you look great!
my son(he's 5) won't sit on Santa's lap(quess that talk
i gave him about staying away from stange men really took and with our current scandal here have to say men
who wear robes too. too sad!) but today he did hug him
with me close by and i think he finally felt like he had "connected" with Santa!
jennifer
see from your paper who have your own local scandals
The Beatles had it right all those years ago "all you need is Love" too much greed today!
and Midnite love your avatar!
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2002, 10:24:24 PM »
I love you for your work on behalf of homeless animals, Ringo.  You make an excellent-looking Santa.  

I adore Snapple, my sweet little schnauzer-poodle, and have been considering adoping another small dog to share our home.  It's a big decision, though, but every time I look at dogs needing homes in the newspaper, I want to adopt every single one!

Bless you for what you do!!

Love, Robin

Offline Rhonda

• Junior Poster
  • Whattya call a redhead with an attitude? Normal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2002, 09:13:38 AM »
Oh Rick, you make an adorable Santa!

I'd love to be an Elf (ette?) and help some animals get a home.

I convinced the local newspaper to run a Pet of The Week picture to help the animals in our shelter have a better chance of being adopted. I'd love to bring them all home with me.

If I ever win the lottery, I'll be establishing a no kill shelter in my home town.

Rhonda
Too much of a good thing can be wonderful.

-Mae West

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2002, 11:24:45 AM »
Rhonda Wrote:

If I ever win the lottery, I'll be establishing a no kill shelter in my home town.

You and me both!  My 16 year old daughter is the same way too and wants to open up her own shelter when she gets older.   Just last week she bought home another kitten that couldn't have been more than 6 weeks old that she found on the street shivering in the cold.  Now we've got 6 altogether!!  Thank goodness I have two floors with big rooms or they'd be calling the local authorites on me.  

Ringo, you look great!!
Bless you for doing volunteer work on your own towards helping unwanted pets find a home! [thumb]

Cassandra[/font]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2002, 07:33:00 PM »
    Wow, Ringo!  You make a great Santa.  I hope your efforts bring in lots of green for the local Humane Society.  Our town has been trying to raise a big bundle to build a brand new shelter.  Unfortunately, the library and local hospitals are also seeking big bucks and there is only so much green to go around.  Since my cats are not welcome in the hospital or the library, I give my donations to the shelter.  
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2002, 09:05:12 PM »
Thanks for the good thoughts!  We are averaging about FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS a day - from the gift wrap alone!  Everyone is being so generous, when they find out it ALL goes directly to the shelter!  People are writing checks for 20, 30, even 50 bucks and stuffing the donation box with cash!  JCPenny, Macy's and Parisian have donated boxes and paper and are sending customers to us.  And we are getting the word out about the shelter, and some of the need they have for voulnteers, donations and other stuff like computers, etc.  One guy works with a pet supply company, and he is gonna talk up some sort of 'damaged goods' donation plan - so this is going even BETTER than we had hoped!

We have just posted some new photos of the mommy and her SEVEN pups we are foster home to, so if ya wanna see 'the Ollies' clik on the link below!  

http://www.mindspring.com/~winston9/DoggyPhotos/Matilda%20and%20the%20Ollies/

again thanks for the good vibes,
Ringo

[jester]

We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2002, 11:13:48 PM »
Wow, Ringo, nothing but good news. That's fantastic! Bless you and all your cohorts.

Keep up the good work,
Dom