Author Topic: The House  (Read 1409 times)

Offline veryvenn

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
The House
« on: October 21, 2004, 09:00:25 PM »
I'm interested in "The House". I read something about it before on the DSBoards.

How was it presented at the DS Fest? Was it like "Return to Collinwood" in the format of a radio play?

However it was presented, will it be available for sale sometime in the near future?

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
Re: The House
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 04:47:17 AM »
The House was presented just like Return to Collinwood as a radio play (a staged reading). The characters were played by the cast with Jamison Selby and Jim Pierson playing small roles. John Karlen was really wonderful in what was essentially the Jason McGuier role. It is too bad that he isn't doing radio plays like David Selby does with the LA Theater Works.

As far as I know there are no plans to release it on CD like they did with "Return...". However, I believe it was video tapped and you maybe able to get a copy of the festival from Guy Haines. I am sorry I don't have any contact info on him but I am sure someone will reply with that soon.

LdyAnne

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 04:51:06 AM »
I believe it was video tapped and you maybe able to get a copy of the festival from Guy Haines. I am sorry I don't have any contact info on him but I am sure someone will reply with that soon.

I'll drop him a line and will pass along what I learn about it.  :)

Offline Bobubas

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2004, 01:40:47 PM »
Rich Blanco is also one of the Festivals videoagraphers, and is making the 10 hours of footage he shot available on both VHS and DVD. I've seen some of his footage from this this years event, and the clarity of it is incredible.
The URL for his website is listed below, but it has yet to be updated to include this years event. You can contact him at ;
DRKSONE@aol.com for more info.
http://drksone.0catch.com/
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2004, 08:22:25 PM »
The URL for his website is listed below, but it has yet to be updated to include this years event.

His no count webmaster updated the site this afternoon so that it includes details about DVDs and VHS tapes of this year's event.

As to whether or not it includes footage of The House, I can't say because that information was not provided to me.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2004, 04:43:12 AM »
I received a copy of the Fest DVDs from Rich this week, and they do contain the performance of The House.

When I get a chance, I'll try to post some clips and grabs from his video on his web site.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2004, 08:34:38 PM »
I received a copy of the Fest DVDs from Rich this week, and they do contain the performance of The House.

Thanks!  Guy thought it probably would be included but couldn't say for sure without asking Rich, so thank you, Bobubas, for the contact info.  Several fans in the audience also taped the performance-- a clue that it wasn't being handled like Return to Collinwood, but I learned long ago that anything can happen in the DS universe.  ;)

When I get a chance, I'll try to post some clips and grabs from his video on his web site.

I'll be looking forward to it!