Author Topic: Dameon Edwards  (Read 4707 times)

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
Dameon Edwards
« on: February 11, 2007, 08:35:37 PM »
Ok here is a mystery that has been bugging me since I got very interested in the 1970 parallel time storyline. I want to know what exactly is the deal with Dameon Edwards. This is during the time Jonathan Frid and the other major actors are filming HODS and David Selby, Lara Parker, Chris Pennock and a few others are picking up the slack. They introduce this ghost Dameon Edwards. [spoiler]First he appears to Quentin and Amy, and we learn that he died about a year ago. It appears he was a friend of Quentin's. There is some kind of mystery surrounding his death. When Trask the butler learns that he's been seen, he freaks and runs to Bruno who first dismisses this as nothing, then sees evidence of Dameon's presence for himself. Later when Angelique has replaced Alexis, she puts Dameon's ghost to rest with some ceremony. He was walled up in an alcove downstairs in the basement. Are we to believe that Angelique, Trask and Bruno murdered him for some reason? I think that's what they're getting at but why? Was he one of Angelique's lovers of which there were many?[/spoiler] I think this whole Dameon thing was just a filler but nevertheless I want to know what the story is.

Alondra
  ???

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Dameon Edwards
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 08:59:44 PM »
I finally followed it all one time, but promptly forgot it all.   He's just that ghost in the leisure suit to me.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 09:09:17 PM »
I hope someone remembers because now I am curious as hell. Not only do I not remember, I always confuse DE with Claude North & Randell Drew, in my mind. I've only seen the complete series once - in the 90s.

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 09:24:28 PM »
I hope someone remembers because now I am curious as hell. Not only do I not remember, I always confuse DE with Claude North & Randell Drew, in my mind. I've only seen the complete series once - in the 90s.

Claude North is in this same storyline (PT 1970) but comes later on. He is the [spoiler]nit who sold his girlfriend Roxanne to Stokes to be the life force for his experiment. So he is paid for having her lay underneath a blanket for months and months so Angelique can "live." Later he wants her back, oh yeah sure, like I'd go back with a man who sold me to someone to work some nit experiment? I think not.[/spoiler]

Randall Drew was [spoiler]Roxanne and Samantha's brother in the 1840 storyline. He's the one who forced Roxanne to face daylight and be destroyed. I thought he was rather a bore.[/spoiler]

Alondra

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 09:34:19 PM »
I agree, I found Randall dull, boring and wooden as well, and Sky Rumson too. Yecch!!!

Offline dom

• Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 09:34:58 PM »
Thanks.

Who's the guy/ghost that appears and can't talk and makes funny faces?

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 09:39:00 PM »
I think you're thinking of Tate's creation, dom. He wasn't a ghost - he was flesh and blood.  :)

There's a topic around here somewhere that discusses the whole Dameon issue. I'll try to track it down when I get a chance...

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 09:47:33 PM »
Who's the guy/ghost that appears and can't talk and makes funny faces?
That description covers Gerard, whose ghost, thanks to his facial expressions and the lighting, bears a striking resemblance to an Oompa-Loompa.  ;D But I doubt that's who you meant.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline dom

• Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 09:49:43 PM »
Geez.  ::)  I'd better go to Amazon.com and order the DS for Dummies book, lol.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 10:08:41 PM »
I always wondered about that Daemon Edwards thing, too.  First, all this build up, and then nothing.  I wonder if it was suppose to be some pivotal plot point, but as the writers went on, fleshing things out - well, actually stalling until the other regular cast members returned - they decided to take things in a different direction and just forgot about what they were going to do with him.

Gerard

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 10:18:21 PM »
I always wondered about that Daemon Edwards thing, too.  First, all this build up, and then nothing.  I wonder if it was suppose to be some pivotal plot point, but as the writers went on, fleshing things out - well, actually stalling until the other regular cast members returned - they decided to take things in a different direction and just forgot about what they were going to do with him.

At least they did have closure on this though, when [spoiler]Angelique did some spell to put him back in his walled up grave so he wouldn't get back out again. But what I want to know is the backstory which I think is never given, why did she, Bruno and Trask murder him in the first place?[/spoiler]

Alondra

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 10:26:07 PM »
Methinks that since at the end of 1970PT Quentin reveals that he [spoiler]never loved Angelique in the first place, but was trapped in the relationship by her[/spoiler] that Dameon Edwards was an affair that Angelique had, one of her many apparently. Since Dameon was Quentin's best friend, it's my guess that he knew FOR SURE that he and Angelique were fooling around, while with all the others he probably only had a suspicion and not hard evidence, i.e. seeing them together, or being told directly from the horses mouth. So, in order to keep Quentin quiet and to keep him with her, Angelique had Bruno and Trask kill Edwards so that she would just deny the story and Quentin couldn't file for divorce because he wouldn't be able to guilt Dameon into admitting what had happened.

This is all just pure speculation on my part.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 10:45:40 PM »
Methinks that since at the end of 1970PT Quentin reveals that he [spoiler]never loved Angelique in the first place, but was trapped in the relationship by her[/spoiler] that Dameon Edwards was an affair that Angelique had, one of her many apparently. Since Dameon was Quentin's best friend, it's my guess that he knew FOR SURE that he and Angelique were fooling around, while with all the others he probably only had a suspicion and not hard evidence, i.e. seeing them together, or being told directly from the horses mouth. So, in order to keep Quentin quiet and to keep him with her, Angelique had Bruno and Trask kill Edwards so that she would just deny the story and Quentin couldn't file for divorce because he wouldn't be able to guilt Dameon into admitting what had happened.

This is all just pure speculation on my part.

One must wonder just how many affairs that woman had. I never could understand that. She was married to Quentin and [spoiler]must've had affairs with just about every man in town. What for? In one place she said something I can't forget. She was trying to win Quentin back yet at the beginning she had him and didn't appreciate him enough to stay faithful to him. She said "Every other man was so easy." Yeah right. She only had to bat those pretty blue eyes and they fell into her bed with remarkable ease. We know she was intimate with at least Bruno and Will Loomis. I speculate that she also had Trask and Dameon, possibly Chris. I think she did not have Cyrus, but I wouldn't rule it out. I think she spurned Roger though he was definitely interested in her. My pure speculation guess as to why all the affairs is because they gave her some kind of power over the men.

At the end when Quentin FINALLY admitted to Maggie that he had hated Angelique, (which he should have done during their courtship and spared her a lot of grief) he said he begged for his freedom but she refused, saying she'd create a scandal. Oh big deal. That family always lived in fear of scandal yet the townspeople talked about them anyway. Might as well give them something to talk about and get your freedom. I think a better reason to stay with her would be that his son loved her and it would upset him if Quentin divorced her.[/spoiler]

Alondra

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2007, 10:48:49 PM »
[spoiler]But what I want to know is the backstory which I think is never given, why did she, Bruno and Trask murder him in the first place?[/spoiler]
Methinks that since at the end of 1970PT Quentin reveals that he [spoiler]never loved Angelique in the first place, but was trapped in the relationship by her[/spoiler] that Dameon Edwards was an affair that Angelique had, one of her many apparently. ... This is all just pure speculation on my part.

Actually, it's more than just speculation that Dameon and Ang had had an affair. Ang admits as much in Ep #1006 and it's explained that [spoiler]she got Trask and Bruno to take care of him for her because he was becoming too persistent in his, uh, affections.[/spoiler]

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2007, 05:34:48 AM »
Well there you go. That explains it all right there. It's a good thing that someone has such complete knowledge of the series. lol. I've seen it a number of times but I still don't remember half the things that others do. :D Thanks MB for clearing it up.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran