Author Topic: Biggest Cheeseballs in Collinsport  (Read 3019 times)

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
Re: Biggest Cheeseballs in Collinsport
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2002, 11:41:32 PM »
I was just wondering, since some of you were annoyed by certain characters(esp. Sabrina Stuart and Hallie Stokes) you guys don't necessarily have anything against the actresses do you?(Lisa Richards and Kathy Cody)Just Wondering.-Adra ;)

I think Lisa Richards was just barely adequate on the show. I know she went on to have a successful career on TV somehow but I was never impressed with her acting on DS. Kathy Cody was more a victim of bad writing. Her characters were badly written and inherently annoying, which is no reflection on her acting skills.

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2002, 02:29:30 AM »
Spoiler. . .

Cyrus Longworth in 1970PT was the qunintessential nerd, but his alter ego, John Yaeger, was evil, murderous and quite cool by comparison.

I couldn't stand Sabrina, although she seemed equally nerdy in 1970PT, more so than the present day version.

David seemed nerdy, but I bet if he'd gone to high school, his schoolmates would have thought him supercool for attempting to murder his own father, plus many would have wanted to come to Collinwood hoping to see a ghost--or Carolyn or Vicki naked in the shower.

Jeremiah seemed kinda nerdy in 1795, or at least not very interesting.

Love, Robin

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2002, 05:38:19 AM »

I think Lisa Richards was just barely adequate on the show. I know she went on to have a successful career on TV somehow but I was never impressed with her acting on DS. Kathy Cody was more a victim of bad writing. Her characters were badly written and inherently annoying, which is no reflection on her acting skills.

Besides Moonlighting Chris what else was Lisa Richards in?

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2002, 06:28:56 AM »
 He dresses in whatever someone else gives him to wear and  he would get killed if he ever did go to public school.  Yep David is a nerd.

That's funny, he and I are close to the same age and I remember every boy in school looking just like him! Though I WAS in the midwest, at that time styles didn't sweep the nation in less than a month.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2002, 03:26:56 AM »
I also remember boys wearing some of the creations of clothing David wore.  Frank Garner and Burke would not have been considered nerdy back than.  I pulling at my memory to picture some of my older sisters boy friends.  They dressed and acted somewhat like them.  At least at first.  Joe was so normal.  I don't think he fell into the nerd world either.  Plus I think it was mentioned he played football in high school.  That would have put he in the cool group.  

Birdie--who was a nerd in high school, at least far from the cool kids
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2009, 11:26:45 PM »
Nice clothes or not, I have to agree that Harry had a nerdy vibe about him, even though he was a conniver and had been in prison.

Peter Turgeon's Woodard has nerd written all over him...not just the way he looked with those goofy glasses but also the boneheaded things he did which ultimately [spoiler] led to his death. [/spoiler]

Dr. Peter Guthrie seemed a bit on the nerdy side also, but I liked his character. He was an excellent foil for the 1967 Laura Collins.