Author Topic: It was the best of times,  (Read 3044 times)

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
It was the best of times,
« on: May 08, 2002, 05:41:26 AM »
it was the worst of times. On one hand you have the beginning of the Barney and Julia mighty duo, fighting crimes against Collinses. BUT, then you have Dr. Lang saying "I'm a man of science, I can't believe in witchcraft! Would you like Jeff Clark's face with those fries, Mr. Vampire patient o'mine?!"

Or the Roger and Lang comedy stylings. "I thought I might have a stroke." Oh? Has your heart bothered you before, Mr. Collins?" Bada bing, bada boom.

Vickie "AIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!" OK, THAT one was understandable. (Sorry, Cheryl, I couldn't resist. I will admit he seems a wee bit improved as Harry).

Oh, and why oh why was Elizabeth attacked by an insane leprechan? Or did she go through a time warp herself and thinks she is sweet sixteen again?
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: It was the best of times,
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2002, 08:32:34 AM »

Vickie "AIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!" OK, THAT one was understandable. (Sorry, Cheryl, I couldn't resist. I will admit he seems a wee bit improved as Harry).

I honestly couldn't understand why Vicky screamed. She's been back from the past over a week now. We went through this whole bit of "recognizing" everyone when she went to the past. Don't tell me we have to go through it all again now that she's back. Geesh, you'd think she'd know the difference by now! ::)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2002, 09:49:09 AM »

I honestly couldn't understand why Vicky screamed. She's been back from the past over a week now. We went through this whole bit of "recognizing" everyone when she went to the past. Don't tell me we have to go through it all again now that she's back. Geesh, you'd think she'd know the difference by now! ::)

This one made sense to me.  It isn't just a matter of someone looking like someone else.  For example, she gave a slight start when she first saw Joe again and then said, "Joe Haskell."

But, in the case of Noah, this is someone she remembers shooting and killing.  To suddenly open a door and apparently see him would be a shock.  I can understand that one.  But, hopefully she got over it as soon as she learned who he was and had a chance to get her bearings again. :)
Josette

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2002, 05:31:44 PM »
But, in the case of Noah, this is someone she remembers shooting and killing.  To suddenly open a door and apparently see him would be a shock.  I can understand that one.  But, hopefully she got over it as soon as she learned who he was and had a chance to get her bearings again. :)

But you know, this ain't the first time.  Everyone in the cast "looks like someone she knew in the past" (say the date for godsakes).  She freaks out every bloody time and I have to start wondering if it's not a desire for the attention.  

Although, I must say, it was really pretty funny (poor Mrs. J)  ;D

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Happybat

• Full Poster
  • Jag gillar Dark Shadows!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2002, 05:56:40 PM »
Would you like Jeff Clark's face with those fries, Mr. Vampire patient o'mine?!"

Oh, and why oh why was Elizabeth attacked by an insane leprechan? Or did she go through a time warp herself and thinks she is sweet sixteen again?

LOL!!  Very, very funny, Kuanyin!!

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Yes, and the oh-so-serious, Science Man, Dr. Lang just likes to create human monsters by sewing together body parts dug up from the cemetery.  Nothing special, happens all the time!   [lghy]
Happybat

"One can only truly understand what one can create"--Giambattista Vico, Italian philosopher

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2002, 09:16:59 PM »

But you know, this ain't the first time.  Everyone in the cast "looks like someone she knew in the past" (say the date for godsakes).  She freaks out every bloody time and I have to start wondering if it's not a desire for the attention.  

Luciaphil

I can't imagine how she'll react when she see's Tony Peterson??  :)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2002, 10:56:11 PM »
Hasn't Vicki met Tony Peterson?  I know she didn't look at Trask and say, "You look like Tony Peterson, a lawyer I knew in the past," but she did meet Carolyn's friend, didn't she?

Love, Robin

Offline Daphne

• Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2002, 12:22:51 AM »
Luciaphil wrote:

Although, I must say, it was really pretty funny (poor Mrs. J)    ;D

Did anyone else crack up when Mrs. J said, "What did you do 2 her??? That girl wouldn't just scream for no reason!"

I started laughing sooo hard, I like fell off my bed and the water I was drinking came out my nose  ;D ;D idk how on earth she delivered that line w/o cracking up....but she was so dead serious.....I think Harry and Jeff were prinson inmates LMAO! Twisted, twisted........

~the very bouncy Daphne  8) ;D :D ;)
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2002, 12:24:43 AM »
I have to admit this isn't my favorite part of the series (post 1795 - pre 1897). I don't mind Dr. Lang so much but I think the whole Frankenstein rip-off is really silly. I enjoyed seeing Vicki  return from the past and find "Jeff Clark" but that gets old - especially after Alexandra Moltke leaves the show. Never cared for the whole Adam/Eve thing. I'm looking forward to 1897.

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2002, 01:41:48 AM »

I have to agree! I was really referring to Craig Slocum. And didn't you just LOVE how in front of a perfect (?) stranger, Vicky turns to Elizabeth and starts talking about when she was back in the past? The girl is more than one taco short of a combo plate. He could have been from Wyndcliffe to evaluate her, for all she knew!
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2002, 04:58:23 AM »

I have to agree! I was really referring to Craig Slocum. And didn't you just LOVE how in front of a perfect (?) stranger, Vicky turns to Elizabeth and starts talking about when she was back in the past? The girl is more than one taco short of a combo plate. He could have been from Wyndcliffe to evaluate her, for all she knew!

ROFL!  I don't think that possibility has occured to sweet Vicki, although I wonder if it's occured to any of the other characters  ;).

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2002, 06:07:39 PM »

It was the best of times for me seeing Craig Slocum again as Harry Johnson! That was a great birthday present for me too. He looked so nice all dressed up in a suit. He really made my day. I find him fascinating and incredibly sexy!
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2002, 08:07:11 PM »

Vicki really isn't too deep i quess but Mrs. j was a riot
she just assumes Harry had to have done something!!

jennifer

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2002, 08:10:13 PM »

It was the best of times for me seeing Craig Slocum again as Harry Johnson! That was a great birthday present for me too. He looked so nice all dressed up in a suit. He really made my day. I find him fascinating and incredibly sexy!

cheryl
You are a good sport with all of us poking fun at poor old Harry glad you got to enjoy him and your BDAy

take care :)
jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2002, 08:46:36 PM »
Hasn't Vicki met Tony Peterson?  I know she didn't look at Trask and say, "You look like Tony Peterson, a lawyer I knew in the past," but she did meet Carolyn's friend, didn't she?

Love, Robin

Vicky did not meet Tony Peterson in person as of yet. She has heard about him, but so far they never met face to face. :)
"Calamity Jane"