Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0048  (Read 1144 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0048
« on: September 08, 2011, 01:12:47 AM »

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0048
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 01:49:55 AM »
Vicky in her opening monologue: "I can hardly remember how long I've been here at Collinwood…”
It’s only day five. She must have a lousy memory.

Robin says in her Robservations that David has a Robby the Robot toy from Lost in Space. I would like to see it. The robot’s name on Lost in Space is Robot B-9. Robby the Robot is a completely different critter whose career began with Forbidden Planet. Robby did appear in a couple of episodes of Lost in Space. How about that?

As for David’s attitude today: Hmm… I wonder if they have a woodshed somewhere on the grounds of Collinwood? 
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 02:19:23 AM »
We've seen a toy robot of David's, but it doesn't resemble Robbie from Forbidden Planet (and every TV show it could be fit into later), or the Lost in Space robot.  It's just a toy robot.

Mrs. Johnson is first mentioned.   She may or may not have been cast.  She may be forming as we speak, out of the primordial ooze of some swamp or the grease at the diner.   Now that she's been mentioned onscreen, she exists, but just barely.   Maybe a suspicious pod has been delivered to Bill Malloy's house, or wherever Mrs. J supposedly lives.

[spoiler]The crystal ball does not count as the first instance of real magic or the supernatural on DS, since as it will turn out, the ball is wrong about the murderer, though correct about the murder.[/spoiler]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 03:31:31 PM »
Regarding your spoiler, [spoiler]perhaps it's David who is wrong about the murderer and not the crystal ball. He hasn't stopped hating his father. However, the crystal ball is correct about Joe and Carolyn never getting married.[/spoiler]

As far as I can remember, it isn't a Robbie the Robot toy, just one of those battery-operated ones that every household seemed to have in those days.

However, Robbie still rules!

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 11:32:59 AM »
Mrs. Johnson is first mentioned.   She may or may not have been cast.  She may be forming as we speak, out of the primordial ooze of some swamp or the grease at the diner.
No, Magnus, today wasn't the first time Mrs. Johnson got mentioned.  That happened a few episodes back, when Roger tried to telephone Bill Malloy's house.  And if she's forming from primordial ooze, I certainly hope that it's fresh primordial ooze.

I, however, believe that Mrs. Johnson sprang into being fully formed, and, furthermore, that she has murdered Bill Malloy.  The last person to see the missing character is always the most likely suspect.  It's a pity that she's the housekeeper and not the butler, but no doubt we will discover that she thought of herself as Bill's Butler, and no doubt we will also discover that that Bill referred Elizabeth as a "great lady" one too many times as he ate the supper that Mrs. Johnson had prepared for him, and she finally snapped.  Just you wait and see.

The other day we heard talk of Josette La Frenière and today we got a crystal ball.  It's all straws in the wind.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 05:06:55 PM »
Vickie seems to be winning over David with her praise of his drawing, but victory is snatched from her when she foolishly mentioned she had shown it to the hated father. 
David recieves a crystal ball from Burke ofall people.  I grew up living next door to a grandmother who was a fortune teller so getting a crystal ball doesn't seem unusual to me, but I believe it may have been in 1966.
Bill Malloy did not show up for work and he always shows of for work.  Not a good sign.  The crystal ball tells David that his father killed Bill Malloy.  Talk about giving the fortune that one wants to hear
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 07:04:30 PM »
As for David’s attitude today: Hmm… I wonder if they have a woodshed somewhere on the grounds of Collinwood?
I hear you, Janet!  And Joe, too, when he said, "Give him a swat for me."  The voiceover fell way short of the mark by calling David "a troubled boy."
And why is Vicki letting him do math problems in ink?  [ghost_huh]

Liz to Carolyn:  "A man doesn't just vanish into thin air."
Not this early in the series, anyway.  [ghost_wink]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 09:04:47 PM »
Joe probably shouldn't take a crystal ball so seriously, but considering how much Carolyn has started to become infatuated with Burke, and has made very little effort to conceal it, it's understandable why he'd feel insecure. David certainly didn't help with the prediction that Carolyn would marry Burke...though I think that was wishful thinking on the boy's part.

Just when Vicki seemed to be making progress with David, she unintentionally ruins it by mentioning she showed it to his father, now he's back to hating her guts. Hard to tell at times who David hates most at this point, Vicki or Roger.