Author Topic: Peter Turgeon  (Read 1446 times)

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Peter Turgeon
« on: January 31, 2002, 03:12:16 PM »
Originally posted by Joeytrom on the Dark Shadows: General Discussion Forum on January 31, 2002 at 09:12:16:

I learned on one of the DS message boards that Peter Turgeon was supposed to play the originally planned male Dr. Julian Hoffman.

Sure am glad THAT never happened.

Joey

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
Re: Peter Turgeon
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2002, 12:50:52 PM »
Originally posted by jennifer on the Dark Shadows: General Discussion Forum on February 02, 2002 at 06:50:52:
In Reply to: Peter Turgeon posted by Joeytrom:

Wow that would have changed the show! can't imagine the show without Grayson, Joey!!

jennifer

Go Pats!! Superbowl 2002!
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
  • That night must go ... nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2002, 02:28:10 PM »
Originally posted by Ben on February 02, 2002 at 08:28:10:
In Reply to: Re: Peter Turgeon posted by jennifer:

I agree, Jennifer and Joey! Somehow, I don't think the recent scene in which Barnabas dismisses as "preposterous" Julia's suggestion that she could "care" for him would have played out quite the same way with Peter Turgeon as Dr. Julian Hoffman.

Ben

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2002, 02:45:17 PM »
Originally posted by Julia99 on the Dark Shadows: General Discussion Forum on February 02, 2002 at 08:45:17:
In Reply to: Re: Peter Turgeon posted by Ben:

I doubt that scene would've been written that way had it been this Peter dude. . now who is this guy? So glad Grayson was in that bar, that one night. . .just before they were gonna cast him and the Producer (I forget which one) decided to change Dr Hoffman to a girl and give the part to the girl on the barstood next to him . . .J99
Julia99

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2002, 02:40:50 AM »
Originally posted by Josette on the Dark Shadows: General Discussion Forum on February 02, 2002 at 20:40:50:
In Reply to: Peter Turgeon posted by Joeytrom:

Did he ever do commercials?

Last night there was a special about Super Bowl commercials over the years. At one point they showed a real old one - I think it was from the '70s. I forget who was in it or what it was about, but there was another man with glasses, and the glimpse I got of him sure reminded me of the "new" Dr. Woodard. We had just finished watching the show shortly before this! I wish I had been able to see him more closely - I didn't know if it was just the glasses causing the resemblance or if it really was P.T.

Josette
Josette

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Yah, you bet
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2002, 01:32:07 AM »
Originally posted by kuanyin on the Dark Shadows: General Discussion Forum on February 04, 2002 at 19:32:07:

Have to agree totally.

BUT, I have completely changed my mind about the replacement actor playing Dr. Woodard. The first time around I hated him and thought he stunk up the joint. This time, I think he was actually a rather decent actor. I think he stepped into the role with a vigor that is unusual in someone coming into an established role. It was just his misfortune that the established actor was well loved, much more handsome and appealing.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 04:13:09 AM »
Let's face it, [spoiler]the murder of Dr. Dave Woodard[/spoiler] had a far less emotional impact with Turgeon playing him at the time. He just wasn't good old "Dave" that we all knew and loved.

No fault of Turgeon, he tried his best, but he had way too big shoes to fill in the role. Robert Gerringer WAS Dave Woodard, just as Alexandra Moltke will always be Victoria Winters no matter what.

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 07:51:18 PM »
I learned on one of the DS message boards that Peter Turgeon was supposed to play the originally planned male Dr. Julian Hoffman.

Sure am glad THAT never happened.

Same here. I had never heard this before. I doubt the role would have lasted long at all with Turgeon playing Dr. Julian Hoffman rather than Grayson Hall playing Dr. Julia Hoffman.

Alondra

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 07:58:04 PM »
IIRC, weren't the original plans to have a male Hoffman, that Barn then kills and the Barm himself is finally killed?  That is, before he became such a sex symbol and the show's popularity took off...
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 09:08:17 PM »
Yes.    And PT was likeable enough... it was just too jarring to have a replacement at that point, esp. considering what was coming.  It seems like a betrayal to like the new guy.   But think how jarring it would have been to have Gerringer in that chair, [spoiler]getting syringed.[/spoiler]    
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor