Author Topic: What if Cassandra had arrived at Collinwood alittle sooner?  (Read 2105 times)

Offline Shadowsfan

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
What if Cassandra had arrived at Collinwood alittle sooner?
« on: January 07, 2006, 04:10:15 PM »
Wouldn't it have made for a great potential storyline if Cassandra aka Angelique would have shown up at Collinwood in 1967 particularly at the Old House just when Barnabas had found his new Josette?  I'm guessing that since she found out about the future through  Vicky and was a student at Professor Stoke's occult class for at least  several months before she arrives in Collinwood   that she already knew that Barnabas was roaming the earth again and would have payed a visit  to her husband of 200 yrs to make things more complicated for Barnabas to say the least? 

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Re: What if Cassandra had arrived at Collinwood alittle sooner?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 05:18:00 PM »
i could be wrong but my impression of it was that cassandra/angelique followed vicki back to the year 1968 and didn't exist in the "present" at all up until that time.

if she had she wouldn't have had to come up with such a dodgy cover story about her background.

nicholas blair said several times that he allowed her to enter the year 1968 for the specific task of destroying barnabas.so before that she was wherever thier kind hang out between earthly visitations.hell i suppose.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Shadowsfan

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 06:20:01 PM »
i could be wrong but my impression of it was that cassandra/angelique followed vicki back to the year 1968 and didn't exist in the "present" at all up until that time.

if she had she wouldn't have had to come up with such a dodgy cover story about her background.

nicholas blair said several times that he allowed her to enter the year 1968 for the specific task of destroying barnabas.so before that she was wherever thier kind hang out between earthly visitations.hell i suppose.

If I'm correct when Vicky was in 1795 ,  Time froze in Collinwood in the present and Cassandra was already active in occult class when they picked up in present time  unless She Joined Elliot's class at the same time Vicky returned to the present and not a month or 2 ahead.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 07:21:29 PM »
i don't remember cassandra ever saying that she had been a student of prof. stokes for any specific length of time.

she didn't actually appear at collinwood for a couple of weeks after vicki returned to the present.not until after barnabas and vicki's hospitalization following the car crash.perhaps it was during this time that she made her move to the "present".

i just can't imagine her being in collinsport before that and not knowing that barnabas was there.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 02:33:30 AM »
She may have joined the university where Professor Stokes taught right after Vicky returned to the present and he was consulting with her on her new job.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 05:07:21 AM »
She may have joined the university where Professor Stokes taught right after Vicky returned to the present and he was consulting with her on her new job.

This makes the most sense to me. Plus I don't think Cassandra/Angelique wanted to just pop up at Collinwood immediately after Vicki's return from the past without a sound plan....I believe she wanted a chance to calculate her moves, a chance to evaluate a sure-fire scheme to destroy Barnabas and how to carry it out. So she laid low until she felt secure enough to reveal herself and to plant herself firmly at Collinwood....and what better way to do that than to [spoiler]marry yet another Collins man? (Poor Roger was the unlucky one this time!)[/spoiler]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: What if Cassandra had arrived at Collinwood a little sooner?
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 10:53:43 PM »
For anyone who thinks Cass/Ang waited a puzzlingly long time to show up in the present, note that in the present, all those months of 1795 didn't happen.    Barnabas had been out of the box for only a few months.    If you interpret the "freezing in time" to mean that Collinwood was frozen while the rest of the world went on with business as usual, then someone in Collinsport would have wondered what was going on up there, after a few days.     Eventually someone looks in the window, and sees them "frozen".   And so on.

Maybe the whole world was frozen in time.    The most sensible idea though is that the "frozen in time" voiceovers were invented to deal with viewers who were unsophisticated as regards time travel thinking.    VW could easily have left 1967, spent months in 1795, and returned to the exact point in time she left from, without any further explanation, if we were dealing with a science-fiction audience.    Time travel is time travel.    As long as you're doing it, you can presumably go from any point to any other point that you want.

I don't think anybody or anything were frozen in time.   I think the seance happened, governesses switched, switched back again, and V came back with her story about 1795, all in the same day.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 12:08:27 AM »
I thought the portrait of Angelique was connected to Cassandra.  It was the portrait, that Vicki was compelled to buy, and spirit of Angelique speaking through Roger, doing her bidding and eventually meeting him that brought her to Collinwood.  I know there was a single statement made by Stokes about Cassandra being his student or they met at the universary but it never went into much detail.  She could have just showed up, learned some information from him and used him to introduce her to Roger Collins.  I don't remember all the details now.
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 10:49:44 PM »
Wouldn't it have made for a great potential storyline if Cassandra aka Angelique would have shown up at Collinwood in 1967 particularly at the Old House just when Barnabas had found his new Josette?  I'm guessing that since she found out about the future through  Vicky and was a student at Professor Stoke's occult class for at least  several months before she arrives in Collinwood   that she already knew that Barnabas was roaming the earth again and would have payed a visit  to her husband of 200 yrs to make things more complicated for Barnabas to say the least? 

Yes this would have been interesting, if she had shown up at some point between the time Barnabas is released and the time Vicki disappeared into the past. This has been thought of and some fan fic stories have been written which put Angelique in here at some point. If the writers had thought of the 1795 storyline before it actually happened, this may well have happened. But as it was, [spoiler]the writers screwed up when they had Barnabas tell Julia some wrong story only a couple weeks before the 1795 storyline even began. I'd have to check episode numbers but it was right after Burke was killed in the plane crash, Julia asked him if Josette had come to him willingly. Silence, implying no. Then in 1795 she was his intended bride so yes she came willingly![/spoiler]

I like the idea of Angelique showing up at some point after Barn is released, asking him how he got out, learning about Willie and ragging on him for how he treats his servant. Oh sure Angelique could probably care less about how Barn treats Willie but I want someone to take up for him lol!

Alondra

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007, 11:15:59 PM »
Considering [spoiler]how badly Angelique treated her own enslaved servant, Ben Stokes, I doubt very much she'd have any sympathy at all for poor Willie.[/spoiler]

I do agree that Willie should have had someone on his side. Maggie is the only one I can think of who tried to be nice to him after he returned to Collinsport. [spoiler]Unfortunately that was kind of underminded since Willie obviously wanted to be more than friends with Maggie, but alas her heart belonged to Joe.[/spoiler]

Offline Angelique Wins

• Full Poster
  • Angelique wins!
    • View Profile
    • Hey!  It's My Dark Shadows Website!
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 03:37:06 AM »
I don't think anybody or anything were frozen in time.   I think the seance happened, governesses switched, switched back again, and V came back with her story about 1795, all in the same day.

Yeah.  That makes sense.  But how about when [spoiler]Vicki goes BACK to the past AGAIN?   Before, she switched places with Phyllis Wick.  But then she went back again to be with Peter.  So what happened to Phyllis Wick?[/spoiler]

Inquiring minds um... [bnghd] think they should get a life?   LOL!

Judy
[angl]
**For the record...just in case you're wondering how it all turns out---Angelique wins.  [9366]

And if you want to know just how that's possible...then check out my DS fan fiction!
                         [read3]
http://www.codelphia.com/angeliquewins/tableocontents.html

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 03:46:56 AM »
But how about when [spoiler]Vicki goes BACK to the past AGAIN?   Before, she switched places with Phyllis Wick.  But then she went back again to be with Peter.  So what happened to Phyllis Wick?[/spoiler]

Inquiring minds um... [bnghd] think they should get a life?   LOL!

I didn't get this either.  ??? When Barnabas went to the past to save her [spoiler]she said to him and had already said to Peter that last time there was someone to take her place and this time there wasn't. I don't understand that, why not? Where was Phyllis? Supposedly originally she was the one who was hung, not Vicki.[/spoiler]

Alondra

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 09:38:13 AM »
I don't think that Angelique could have showed up earlier than she did.
[spoiler]she did show up in 1840 checking on Barnabas, yearly, was it her pilgramage (sp)[/spoiler]
Angelique was a one trick pony, I think, it sometimes go very boring.
[spoiler]there was a great twist in pt, they taking of life was great.[/spoiler]
One thing I would have liked to see, more of Angelique and Nicholas, what did they have going on in the past ??
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 10:12:45 AM »
One thing I would have liked to see, more of Angelique and Nicholas, what did they have going on in the past ??

That would be great to see. I wonder if anyone's written a fan fic about this? How did Angie and Nicky meet? Why wasn't he in 1795? Can you imagine the added fun if he had been around in 1795?

Alondra