Author Topic: Props moving around the set from room to room  (Read 4598 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Props moving around the set from room to room
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2007, 08:50:09 PM »
My husband and I are looking into selling things on ebay and I wonder what something like that would bring.

But keep in mind that if you want to sell to DS fans, you'd have to bite the bullet and replicate the same colors and pattern as the infamous afghans.  :D  Otherwise (and no offense to your talent intended) they would just be any old afghans.  ;)

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2007, 08:58:40 PM »
But keep in mind that if you want to sell to DS fans, you'd have to bite the bullet and replicate the same colors and pattern as the infamous afghans.  :D  Otherwise (and no offense to your talent intended) they would just be any old afghans.  ;)

Can you stand having to look at those colors day after day.  ^-^ Plus you would have to buy a whole bunch of the collors. That would make yarn distributors happy they could get rid of their bad colors. You would have do one in shades of grey white and black. For people who saw the show in black and white.  >:D
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2007, 09:01:13 PM »
You would have do one in shades of grey white and black. For people who saw the show in black and white.  >:D

LOL!

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2007, 10:11:35 PM »

Actually I was thinking of selling them on ebay under the category of afghans which would mean selling them to more than DS fans. But it might be interesting to try to sell some with those colors to DS fans IF I could find them.

Alondra

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2007, 12:07:49 AM »
I wonder if people would pay for Petofi hands....

Sell enough afghans, and they really will be everywhere, thus making DS come true, at least in terms of afghan dispersal.   Now if we could only send some back in time....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2007, 04:15:05 PM »
To move the afgans,  we'll have to consult some of the scientist in our favorite movies, Somewhere in Time, Back to the Future. Maybe some scientist can find a worm hole.  The I ching. [read3] [book_study] [book2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2007, 08:57:03 PM »
What if the Hands were personally autographed by Charles Delaware Tate, and had a slight smell of formaldehyde?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2007, 09:05:58 PM »
I'd be happier to find crib notes on the palm for an incantation or something like that, lol. Perhaps a tattoo of a unicorn?  ::)

PS - Is the box extra?

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2007, 06:34:26 PM »
i'm doing a secondary watch and i'm picking up things i missed during the first go round.

there is a set of earthenware mugs that get quite alot of use.they first appear in the black-and-white episodes but we later see that they are orange with brown stripes running down the side.

i first noticed them during the leviathan storyline when an hysterical megan todd unwisely tries to "calm herself down" over a nice cup of coffee. ::)

they make a very early appearance at the police station where sheriff patterson enjoys a cup of joe and then they go on to spend a signifigant amount of time at the evans cottage.i know they're going to turn up elsewhere.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2007, 09:10:39 PM »
Probably some wedding gift that keeps being regifted around town.  If it shows up in different centuries, well, same explanation.    Funny if the same Christmas fruitcake kept showing up in every generation, since no one ever eats those, and they probably stay preserved pretty well.  Just guessing.

I really like the idea of the Hands personally autographed by Tate with a seal verifying that they're fresh from the cemetery, each with its own carrying case (Petofi box).     In that case they wouldn't be fake real Petofi hands, but fake fake Petofi Hands.   If it weren't for the eye thing, I'd get started on that.  Certain legal hurdles I suppose.    Anyone can make an afghan without violating copyrights.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2007, 09:58:03 PM »
Probably some wedding gift that keeps being regifted around town.  If it shows up in different centuries, well, same explanation.    Funny if the same Christmas fruitcake kept showing up in every generation, since no one ever eats those, and they probably stay preserved pretty well.
BIG laugh-out-loud!

Oddly enough, I have eaten fruitcake and enjoyed it.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2007, 10:13:54 PM »
Oddly enough, I have eaten fruitcake and enjoyed it.

Mr. Spock once said the same thing about animal flesh.  I'm saying that because I've decided that there just isn't enough trivia in the world.  Thanks, by the way!

Offline Angelique Wins

• Full Poster
  • Angelique wins!
    • View Profile
    • Hey!  It's My Dark Shadows Website!
What about the mysterious stationary props?
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2007, 07:03:22 AM »
Speaking of props...how about those that seemed to stay in one place, but we've never seen used and have no idea what they are?   ???  I'm talking about the square thingy by the front doors of Collinwood.  Everybody always passes by it, nobody puts anything on it, or takes anything off of it.  For my money, it either looks like a grand disguise for one of those plastic Sparkletts water dispensers, or (and this is what it REALLY looks like to me) a tabernacle from the sanctuary of a church--aka the little house where the consecrated hosts are kept.  And I KNOW that isn't what it is.  But every time I see it, I go, there's that THINGY again!!!!

Judy
[angl]
**For the record...just in case you're wondering how it all turns out---Angelique wins.  [9366]

And if you want to know just how that's possible...then check out my DS fan fiction!
                         [read3]
http://www.codelphia.com/angeliquewins/tableocontents.html

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2007, 08:46:17 AM »
Josette's room always stayed the same. Barn's and Julia's Chairs didn't move did they??

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2007, 09:11:17 PM »
In episode 228 they reorganize the study. I wonder If Mrs Johnson is doing some house cleaning  :-X