Author Topic: "Race With The Devil" on tonight.  (Read 573 times)

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
"Race With The Devil" on tonight.
« on: December 14, 2002, 12:09:40 AM »
Just found out that the movie "Race With The Devil" starring Loretta Swit and our very own "Angelique" Lara Parker, will be airing on the Fox movie channel tonight at 8pm for those interested. :-)

Cassandra[/font]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Mark Rainey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
Re: "Race With The Devil" on tonight.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2002, 04:53:10 AM »
I don't get FXM, but I do own a copy of RACE WITH THE DEVIL. I always enjoyed this movie quite a bit, especially when I first saw it back in the 70s. While it's somewhat cheesy, it reaches a level of intensity that most movies of its ilk don't achieve. It's most interesting to see Lara playing an "ordinary," vulnerable woman, which she does with aplomb.

But the highlight of this movie is Warren Oates (a true folk hero), as he gets to put on his best acerbic face a number of times. Peter Fonda's not a favorite of mine, but he comes off OK here. Alas, Loretta Swit is definitely not a favorite of mine, and the ill-will between Lara and her on the set is well-known.

Now I got a hankering to watch it. Might have to pull out the ole VHS.

Also on tonight, on Plex -- SUGAR HILL, which I've not seen except for a few clips that looked interesting. I think I want to catch it, though, mainly because it stars Robert Quarry of COUNT YORGA fame. I always liked Quarry as a vampire; his portrayal reminds me very much of Barnabas in HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS.

--Mark