Author Topic: Joan Bennett on Old Radio/TV Series  (Read 632 times)

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Joan Bennett on Old Radio/TV Series
« on: December 08, 2002, 12:21:06 AM »
Barnes and Noble has a lot of old radio shows for sale. A couple of them have Joan Bennett as a guest on shows like Abbott & Costello and The Jack Benny Program.   She also is on Duffy's Tavern, where she is wooed by Archie the manager, its available from mail order from Metacom (at least it was 10 years ago).

I would love to see an episode of her first television series, "Too Young to go Steady."

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Joan Bennett on Old Radio/TV Series
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2002, 03:01:59 AM »
I will definitely see if I can get something from our library with Joan on the radio show.  Our library is usually well supplied with all kinds of interesting things.  They even have DS Vols. 1 thru 10.  One day I asked the librarian why they didn't' get more.  Her reply was that DS isn't really scary by today's standards.  Well, I guess she really didn't 'get' what I was talking about.

If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend  a movie called 'Suspiria' with Joan in it.  She is that good! When I rented it I didn't even have any idea she was in it at first. It's from the 70's and quite entertaining.  

One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Joan Bennett on Old Radio/TV Series
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2002, 05:41:53 AM »
If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend  a movie called 'Suspiria' with Joan in it.  She is that good! When I rented it I didn't even have any idea she was in it at first. It's from the 70's and quite entertaining.  

It's worth seeing just to hear Joan saying "The bitch of an American girl MUST DIE!"

Strange movie, visually amazing, no plot. Worth seeing.

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga