Author Topic: O' Christmas Tree, O' Christmas Tree...  (Read 2386 times)

Offline A.I.Collins

• Full Poster
  • Look into those sexy eyes....
    • View Profile
Re: O' Christmas Tree, O' Christmas Tree...
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2002, 11:08:03 AM »
Hey there!...My eyes are playing tricks on me...What's the ornament on the very top of the tree?

Adra
Dark Shadows...my little ball of sunshine!!!

Offline Bobubas

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2002, 03:37:37 PM »
Hey there!...My eyes are playing tricks on me...What's the ornament on the very top of the tree?

Adra

Hi A.I. If you have read the earlier post, I mentioned the special Millennium beanie of the Abominable holding a star. That is the Beanie on top of the tree.
Thanks for all your warm responses, and I'm glad a few of you plan to also utilize your beanies in the same way. I have a smaller 3" tree that is decorated with the original Island of Misfit Toy ornaments that were sold by CVS a few years ago, along with the ones that have followed. I finally found the very scarce jelly pistol and misfit airplane, and now Mrs. Claus is the only one I need.  :)
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2002, 04:45:00 PM »
Bob, I have the CVS ornaments too, but I set them up as a scene on my antique sewing  machine in my living room.  I don't have all the misfit toys though. Sob  In my living room is also the Hallmark Charlie Brown Christmas grouping.  I get a thrill just opening and once again putting them out.

Birdie--I have to go to the mall , and seem to be putting it off.
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2002, 08:27:43 PM »
For additional Christmas frivolity, check out the main page of Bob's DS Event Photos Site:

http://bobubas.topcities.com

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Maria_Merriweather

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2002, 09:36:14 PM »
Thanks for the link. Lyndhurst looks beautiful in the snow.[smlyb]
MM

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2002, 11:45:28 PM »
Thanks for the link. Lyndhurst looks beautiful in the snow.[smlyb]

I think I've said this before but it's a good time to repeat: Anyone who CAN get to Lyndhurst at this time of the year and do the Christmas House Tour SHOULD!!  The night we did it, it snowed......what a beautiful scene!!

raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2002, 03:14:51 AM »
I wish Dark Shadows had celebrated the holidays.  I always loved when Days of Our Lives gathered at the Horton House for Christmas and hung the ornaments.

Birdie

I was totally hooked on Days of Our Lives during the running of Dark Shadows.  It had been my all time favorite soap until I got hooked recently on DS.  Recently I got from ebay a daytime TV 'Daytime TV Super Special 25th Anniversary of Serials' from 1975.  There is a great family shot of the Horton's. What memories that picture brought back; Frances Reid, McDonald Carey, Susan Seaforth and Ed Mallory.  I believe McDonald Carey and Frances Reid have both passed away.  Would love to know what happened to Susan Flannery and Bill Hayes and the others.

Since there are no references to Christmas on DS I have to depend on fan fiction that covers the holidays. Some of it is actually quite good and the writing is superb!
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2002, 04:50:31 PM »
Miss-Winthrop,
                       Franicis Reid is still alive.  She was on the Thanksgiving show.  She has gotten very frail but she seemed to be still with it.  
                        I loved and watched "Days" for a very long time.  I think I saw it almost from the beginning.  I was very sick when I was young and my mother used to make me take a nap on her bed.  She would always have it on.  She would fall asleep and I would end up watching the show.  It is very rare that I watch anymore.  I do get a kick out of seeing the old cast members come back for the holidays.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2002, 04:57:28 PM »
Bob
yesterday at toys r us they had a whole set of the Rudolph characters that could be used for a tree. also Santa's castle and a train! always been my favorite
my kids are still playing with the beanies and we can't find the doll i know it is here somewhere so i'll keep searching One way to clean the house ICK
jennifer
also an early Days watcher!
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2002, 11:07:41 AM »

Ah....the prize beanie of my collection.  ;D  The beanie in question, which features the Abominable holding a star that says, "Happy New Year 2000" was a special release that coincided with the new Millennium. A friend of mine who lives in Pennsylvania found it for me, as I could not find them in the stores here in Illinois.

So, it is a beanie! I thought so but have never seen one that large before.  My daughter has so many of them that she had collected over the years and when I showed her your picture she remembered trying to locate that particular one but never had any luck in finding it.  Since it was sold for the Millennum as a special addition they probably only had a certain amount out at the time, so you were lucky to have someone grab it for you.  Ya never know though maybe she'll get lucky and come across it. ;-)

Cassandra[/font]
"Calamity Jane"