Author Topic: Happy Birthday Jonathan Frid!!!  (Read 2189 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Jonathan Frid!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2002, 09:54:59 PM »
Wow, Victoria, I'm impressed.  That collage is beautiful!

I hope that Jonathan gets to see it.  I wish I could see his face when he spots that you included one of the "fanging" pictures.  I of course love it that you put that in the lower right hand corner, but it does put me in mind of a tape compiled by the late Dave Brown of highlights from Festivals of yesteryear. There's one where he caught Jonathan's reaction to a "fanging" clip one of the Festival organizers sprung on him.  As I recall, his reaction was to roll his eyes, put his hand over his face, and then glare and say with mock-indignation in that exquisite bass register of his voice, "You PROMISED!"

Beautiful workmanship.  Please do let me know if you ever decide to do a Grayson Hall collage.

Gothick

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2002, 04:36:37 AM »
Beautiful workmanship.  Please do let me know if you ever decide to do a Grayson Hall collage.

Gothick

if i ever do one, i will let the group know.

thank you and dom for your lovely compliments.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2002, 06:09:40 AM »
FABULOUS montage, victoriawinters!  I would never have guessed that you're new at it.

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2002, 11:49:15 AM »
FABULOUS montage, victoriawinters!  I would never have guessed that you're new at it.

I feel the same way.  I just noticed the Montage now and I think you did a wonderful job VW.  It would be great if Jonathan could see it too.  :-)

Cassandra[/font]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2002, 03:45:26 AM »
Happy birthday Jonathan.  

There are so many great scenes with Jonathan it's difficult to pick my favorite.  A scene that really does it for me emotionally is when he carries Julia to the chair in the Old House while she is unconscious and gently settles her in it and the concern on his face...gets me every time.  He strikes me as a man who is beginning to realize just how important Julia is too him psychologically.  He's past the part of how useful can she be to me and appreciates her friendship more than he had realized before.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Nancy

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2002, 10:52:40 PM »
Jonathan posted a thank you on his website to all who wished him a Happy Birthday.  He has a lifelong habit of not celebrating or his natal day, taking the view that every day is a special day, however he very much appreciates fans who remember and wish him well.    

His response is in the Visitor's Corner of his website at http://www.jonathanfrid.com.

If you have not visited in the site in the past 10 days, you might want to start at the beginning and check out the new additions and announcements about what's to come.

Nancy

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2002, 10:13:45 AM »
Nancy Wrote:

If you have not visited in the site in the past 10 days, you might want to start at the beginning and check out the new additions and announcements about what's to come.

Thanks Nancy for the link.  Really nice pictures of Jonathan Frid.  I especially liked the ones of him as a youngster and that baby photo of him was just adorable!

Cassandra[/font]

"Calamity Jane"