Author Topic: Kittys fate  (Read 6277 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Kittys fate
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2007, 05:18:09 PM »
Just to stir things up a bit, when Tate painted that Blackmore guy who was in charge of the prison that Aristede escaped from, he came to life with memories and personality intact.  Yet when he painted Amanda, she came to life not knowing who she was, and with some sort of "psychic link" or whatever to Josette.  It's not really logically consistent - on the one hand he brings people back to life, while on the other hand he creates reincarnations.

Spoiler:
Tate created Amanda from his imagining of the perfect woman <gurgle>.  She didn't exist before 1895, so when we first see her, her memories go back only 2 years.  But Garth Blackwood, whom he resurrected straight from hell (at Petofi's instruction), was the real Master of Dartmoor Prison before Aristede killed him.  So Amanda became a mortal woman after Tate painted her, but Blackwood, once human, became a demon/ghost (take your pick) after Tate painted him.
  I hate to say it, but it all actually does make logical sense.

Amanda was not the reincarnation of Josette; only Kitty had that distinction.  The two women lived at the same time, and were even in Collinsport simultaneously.

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2007, 07:44:53 AM »
Just to stir things up a bit, when Tate painted that Blackmore guy who was in charge of the prison that Aristede escaped from, he came to life with memories and personality intact.  Yet when he painted Amanda, she came to life not knowing who she was, and with some sort of "psychic link" or whatever to Josette.  It's not really logically consistent - on the one hand he brings people back to life, while on the other hand he creates reincarnations.

I don't recall any psychic link between Amanda and Josette - it was Lady Kitty who was the reincarnation of Josette.  Otherwise, Garth Blackwood (Master of Dartmoor Prison) had been a real person, so apparently he returned with his memories.  Amanda hadn't previously existed.  She was a painting from Tate's imagination, his "dream woman" and then came alive.  There were no memories or personality to come with her.  Her first memories are of when she was "created."
Josette

Offline Willie

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2007, 01:38:39 PM »
Sorry, I got Amanda and Kitty mixed up there.  Never mind  ;D  With so much reincarnation and making new people and bringing the dead back to life, my little brain boggles.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2007, 03:59:56 PM »
With so much reincarnation and making new people and bringing the dead back to life, my little brain boggles.

Understandable.  :)

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2007, 04:37:49 PM »
Sorry, I got Amanda and Kitty mixed up there.  Never mind  ;D  With so much reincarnation and making new people and bringing the dead back to life, my little brain boggles.

The people living in Collinwood undoubtedly would get highly confused, too.  Their Christmas card lists must've been a mess.

Gerard

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2007, 05:20:33 PM »
OT, sorry---The inconsistency for me was that when Tate painted Amanda, she came into being out on the street someplace instead of right there in the room, as nameless mute startled guy did.   Garth was outside someplace too.    If all the things he'd made up in his life plopped into existence out on the sidewalk, that explains his being unaware of his power.   Why they stopped doing that is the confusing thing.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2007, 06:19:22 PM »
Sorry, I got Amanda and Kitty mixed up there.  Never mind  ;D

No need to apologize, Willie.  I thought that might be the case.  If you've seen one gold digger...  ;)

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2012, 09:12:18 AM »
If Barnabas and Angelique were not around, would the Josette aspect of Kitty's personality ever manifested itself?
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2012, 09:20:20 AM »
That's an interesting question, Uncle Roger.  I am certain that Kitty would have still felt something.  She probably would have looked at the portrait of Barnabas and could have even attempted to free him, but[spoiler] I am sure that the Kitty side of her (which was very strong in the beginning) would have taken hold before she got too far.  It was really Barnabas that brought Josette out.  [/spoiler]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2012, 09:49:39 PM »
If there's anything to this "fate" idea, would Kitty even have ended up at Collinwood, or have been reincarnated as Kitty at all, if Barnabas was not going to be at Collinwood in 1897?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline quentincollins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2013, 11:17:35 PM »
I wonder what happened with Kitty in the original timeline without Barnabas around. I think there's a good chance she did marry Edward. I know in one of the eps in the first year, maybe during the Laura storyline, Liz makes a reference to a piece of jewelry left to her by her grandmother, which ironicaly was probably Laura, but it could have been Kitty - or a maternal grandmother, but that seems less likely.
It would be neat if Big Finish did a story or two with Kitty. I'd think there would be a story in her rise and fall in England, and if they managed to get her back to 1897 after the trip to 1796 I wouldn't mind at all.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2013, 11:39:22 PM »
It was my understanding that Kitty merged back into her previous incarnation as Josette, then that one being died "again" from poison.

Offline quentincollins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2013, 11:47:34 PM »
Yes, that is what seems to have happened. I accept it's a strech to get any other interpretation out of what we see. I just like the idea of Kitty marrying Edward and being part of the family. I at least tell think that might have been what happened in the original timeline.
I do think there could be a good audio about Kitty's life before she came to Collinwood, especially with Petofi's involvement with her husband's suicide.
This is just a crazy theory. I've read a fan theory before that Josette could've had a twin sister that died at birth or infancy, and that Rachel was the reincarnation of the twin - and possibly Maggie was the reincarnation of Rachel.
After KLS played Josette's mother in the audio The Crimson Pearl, it occured to me that Rachel and/or Maggie could be the reincarnation of Josette's mother. All of this is based on their appearance which in "real life" has nothing to do with reincarnation, but I'm just using DS logic. I don't really think this is the case, but it's still fun to speculate and make up wild theories, DS is very good at inspiring the imagination.

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2013, 11:54:33 PM »
Some back story would be nice. It could be interesting to see how Edward became acquainted with Kitty and her husband. I.would really like to see how Count Petofi became involved with the Hampshires and what part Petofi played in Gerald's death. Suicide, wasn't it?
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline quentincollins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2013, 12:04:42 AM »
I'm pretty sure that Edward and Gerald Soames were old friends. Kitty was a family governess for the Soames family. I'm not sure if she was actually a governess for Gerald's children. If she were then he was a widower I guess.
I do remember that Petofi played some part in financially ruining Gerald which drove him to suicide.