Author Topic: Lara Parker movie coming up  (Read 1222 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Lara Parker movie coming up
« on: June 05, 2004, 08:37:54 AM »
Another announcement from Patrick on the SciFi Board:

"For those who might be interested and who receive it, Race with the Devil w/ Lara Parker will air on Fox Movie Channel on Tuesday June 8 at 12:01 pm and repeat on Wednesday June 9 at 2:01 am."

I keep wondering what this Fox Movie Channel is - most of the listings Patrick has provided recently seem to be on that - I checked the list of channels I get and that doesn't seem to be listed.  It's very frustrating.

Josette

Offline murph

• Full Poster
  • I love Dark Shadows!!
    • View Profile
Re: Lara Parker movie coming up
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2004, 02:09:12 PM »
Hi Josette,

Fox Movie Channel shows movies from the 20th Century Fox studio, without commercial interruption.  I love this channel as a lot of my favorite movies are from that studio.  Yesterday they showed "Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte" with Bette Davis, which I haven't seen in years.  I taped that as well as "All About Eve" which they also recently showed.  I don't consider myself a Bette Davis fan although I do like those two along with "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?" They also showed "the Poiseidon Adventure" the other day.  (She is not in that one)

Their website address is foxmoviechannel.com.  Maybe you could get your cable company to air this.

Thanks for the update on the LP movie, I saw it on the schedule but I didn't know she was in it.  I'll tape it on Tuesday.

Thanks,

Murph

Offline Mark Rainey

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2004, 02:29:10 PM »
They show a lot of their movies letterboxed, too, which I like a lot. Much of the stuff they show isn't particularly appealing to me, but when they come through, they really do. Very worthwhile channel.

--M
http://home.triad.rr.com/smrainey/dsdreams.htm

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2004, 03:13:26 AM »
wow i don't think we have it either Josette am switching to Direct Tv soon maybe they
will have it

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2004, 07:24:04 AM »
I'd love to have the Fox Movie Channel.  It would be the perfect companion to Turner Classic Movies, whose library consists mainly of the MGM and Warner libraries.

Offline murph

• Full Poster
  • I love Dark Shadows!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2004, 10:12:23 PM »
Hi Jennifer and ClaudeNorth,

I do get DirectTV.  The Fox Movie Channel and Turner Classic Movies both come in my package of around $30. a month.  I find that these two channels compliment each other very well and I tape quite a few movies off of them.  Unfortunately that price does not include the local channels and they run an additional $8. 

Back to the topic:  Has anyone seen this Lara Parker movie?  It looks pretty cheesy to me but I'll tape it anyway because our beloved Angelique is in it.  As I have mentioned many times, she is my favorite actress from the show and second only to Jonathan Frid as my all around favorite. 

Murph

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2004, 11:29:54 PM »
Has anyone seen this Lara Parker movie?  It looks pretty cheesy to me but I'll tape it anyway because our beloved Angelique is in it.

It is cheesy and fairly muddled. Whenever I think of this movie, I always think of two reviews in particular - as a play on words based on its human sacrifice angle, one review said it's definitely "a sacrifice to sit through it" - and Variety called it "a sloppy, cynical blend of second-hand plot elements." But at the same time, Parker is always worth seeing, even if all she basically gets to do is play the victim with Loretta Swit.

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2004, 02:56:17 AM »
Has anyone seen this Lara Parker movie? 

I haven't seen it, but I remember when it aired on the CBS Wednesday Night Movie many years ago.  I believe they showed it several times and always used the same clip (the four leads battling a snake in their RV) to promote it.

According to Lara herself, she did not get along with Loretta Swit during the filming of RWTD.  That tidbit is probably more interesting than anything in the movie...  ;)

Regards,

John

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2004, 03:25:32 AM »
According to Lara herself, she did not get along with Loretta Swit during the filming of RWTD.  That tidbit is probably more interesting than anything in the movie...  ;)

On the Thursday evening prior to the 2001 Fest, Sheenasma and I saw Loretta Swit in a performance of The Vagina Monologues and met her afterwards.

We pondered mentioning this to Lara Parker in the autograph line at the Fest just to see her reaction.  ;D

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline denise

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2004, 03:43:16 AM »
Does anyone know where the film was located? It looks like somewhere in Texas.

Offline Mark Rainey

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2004, 09:52:18 PM »
Race With the Devil is what I consider perfect drive-in movie fare for its day. It's full of action, if fairly predictable, with occasional eerie moments, and Lara Parker playing a scared, helpless female. No Angelique here. :o  I'm no fan of Peter Fonda, but Warren Oates is a folk hero, no two ways about it, and any movie with Warren Oates is worth sitting through. It's a fun movie, and I enjoy the hell of out of it; it's almost what one might consider a guilty pleasure. ;)

--M
http://home.triad.rr.com/smrainey