Author Topic: Worst Episodes  (Read 3204 times)

Offline dvlvan26

• Full Poster
  • DS is the Greatest Show on Earth!
    • View Profile
Worst Episodes
« on: April 16, 2005, 08:44:00 PM »
Hello To All Cousins!

Please list of of the worst episodes on DS. You can list violent moments, pre-emptied episodes, episodes of no action, episodes of less than 4 featured actors, etc.

Have A Good Weekend
Love dvlvan26, who will be busy this weekend coooking up meals for my boyfriend
dvlvan26, Class of 2007

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Episodes
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2005, 09:44:46 PM »
Hated when Lady KittyakaJosette got away from Barnabas at end of 1897....

Hated anything with Sabrina in it.

Hated!HATED!! Hearing, "Julia...if Adam dies" (or the exact words) from Dr. Lang, overandoverANDOVER again!

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline tripwire

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2005, 10:31:50 PM »
Just before they went to 1795, Barnabas is trying to drive Julia insane, a couple of them episodes were quite boring. Seems like the Doc was the only person in the episodes, going thru her hysterics.  It may have been a lot was going on in preparing for the 1795 flashback, and just decided to do a couple of days of "scare Julia"  episodes.. 
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2005, 11:55:41 PM »
Hated when Lady KittyakaJosette got away from Barnabas at end of 1897....

Hated!HATED!! Hearing, "Julia...if Adam dies" (or the exact words) from Dr. Lang, overandoverANDOVER again!

I hated that Barnabas and Josette were torn from each other again. I would've liked to have seen the two of them go to the future together.

I loathed Dr. Lang's taped message and every episode that I had to suffer through hearing it. Once was more than enough, thank you. ;)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2005, 12:29:56 AM »
episodes that revolve around elizabeth's fear of death/being buried alive are pretty dreadful.

a waste of joan bennett's time and talent. ::)
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Melanie...

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2005, 12:49:52 AM »
I never cared much for the Leviathan storyline...especially the scenes with the breathing.  The kid Alexander...definitely didn't like him.  Conjures up too many images of the child from the Omen movie.

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2005, 03:53:15 AM »
Quite a few episodes in 1970 parallel time come to mind.

Barnabas going back in time again to save Vicki and Peter right before the Quentin & Beth's ghosts mayhem starts...

Sometimes you just want to yell in a very Monty Python-esque way Get on with it!

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2005, 02:49:07 PM »
Anything with Adam.  How I wished someone would just find a loose thread and tug on it, unravelling Dr. Lang's work, so that critter would go to pieces.

Gerard

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2005, 10:50:59 PM »
     Any episode crying for a retake or some editing.  I remember reading about Mr. Frid being allowed to edit a performance that he ruined.  I wish they had just reshot the episode but at least they let him fix what he could.
     One episode with Sarah and Dr. Woodard was so flub filled it was painful to watch.  Editing would not have fixed that but reshooting with a new actress might have helped.  
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline stefan

• Full Poster
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2005, 11:49:16 PM »
Anything to do with Dr. Lang and the word "experiment". Did I ever feel sorry for JF everytime he had to say the word "experiment" especially after the beautiful 1795 dialogue.

Poor Robert Rodan was really a very good actor but the Adam story was an embarassment.

And sadly dissapointed after seeing the Jenkins/Don Briscoe charachter turn into a warewolf...that was it for me.

Stopped watching around that time so don't know about the rest of the series.

Offline DSFan008

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2005, 12:52:02 AM »
Anything during Liz's buried alive/death fixation

Everything involving Count  Petofi in 1897

Leviathans

and certin parts of 1840/1970/1995

Offline Ian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2005, 08:29:32 PM »
I remember there was one scene between Maggie and Barnabas...Aha...episode 251, when Barnabas wanted to kill Maggie.

The dialogue goes something like this:
[spoiler]Barnabas: I have come to a decision about you...
Maggie: What are you planning?
Barnabas: I have decided...to KILL you.[/spoiler]

Just the way he delivered that line brought tears of laughter to my eyes, it was the worst bit of acting I've ever seen from the Barnabas character...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2005, 09:10:24 PM »
The episode where Jeb digs up the remains of a certain enemy and the camera cuts to a still photo of Dennis Patrick (may he rest in peace) having one of his "freakout"moments ... and THIS is the cliffhanger... even for Dark Shadows, THAT was beyond the pale!

G.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2005, 12:20:50 AM »
The episode where Jeb digs up the remains of a certain enemy and the camera cuts to a still photo of Dennis Patrick (may he rest in peace) having one of his "freakout"moments ... and THIS is the cliffhanger... even for Dark Shadows, THAT was beyond the pale!

Steve....really? you hated this>>>wow...I laughed so hard...well, I'm sure you can fill in the blank.

Please...someone...put a screen grab of this....I would L O V E to have it as an avatar (unless it'll make Steve unpleased....)
What a Woman!

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2005, 10:07:37 PM »
I can't really pinpoint specific episodes, but most of the episodes during the Adam storyline were just dreadful - everything was just so drawn out. Also, the last half of Leviathan had a lot of huge bombs that I found infinitely difficult to sit through.

The episodes of 1970PT from when most of the cast was shooting House of Dark Shadows are pretty dreadful, too. Some are fine, but the ones that mainly focus around Cyrus and Sabrina? Ugh!

Now that I think about it, one specific episode does come to mind, and tripwire mentioned it. I hated the episode where Julia runs around Collinwood scared half out of her mind during the entire episode. As much as I love Grayson Hall, that episode was just really bad.

Please...someone...put a screen grab of this....I would L O V E to have it as an avatar (unless it'll make Steve unpleased....)

;D