Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0751  (Read 3571 times)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0751
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2009, 01:11:13 AM »
After her having pulled off Josette successfully, why did they make KLS go back to weak lightweight roles?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2009, 07:20:56 AM »
Trask's conversations with the women who work at the school at this point in the storyline really repulse me, more than later on. It seems fitting that the only young woman to love Trask is named Dorcas!  [easter_wink]

LOL  Very True!  Me and my fellow DS friend from childhood (whom I recruited) can just say "DORCAS TRILLING" and we fall over dying laughing.  I would akin it to the story that Kate Jackson told about "Everything Ezra told you was true!"  Everyone thinks we are stupid, but we "GET IT!"  ;)  It unexplainable. Just an inside joke (one of many) that we have. When we are together people may as well not try and figure out our crazy conversations! LOL

Dorcas and Dirk should get together.  And raise a little Dork of their own.

Amen sista!  Imagine how ANNOYING that child would be!! SHUTTER!!!! [ghost_wacko]

VO: KLS

My tapes are bad....did KLS say Jenny lies "nearly" dead or "newly" dead?  I love the lamp on the table that Q falls in front of, the yellow one.  Very pretty.  I collect lamps and candelabras!  Do you think Rachel would have probably been played by Alexandra had she stayed with the show?  I think she probably would have.  Poor AM.  Stuck with another "dumbed down" role.  I do like Rachel's green outfit though.  I am a redhead so green really appeals to me and looks good on me.

Gregory makes me want to  [puke].  VIAL PIG!

I have to agree with everyone so far.  Rachel is beyond ANNOYING.  I hate it that poor KLS had to portray such a total moron.  She is "I don't understand" part deux!  Get a clue gal.  KLS is such a talented actress it's really a shame!  At least later on she gets to play the lovely [spoiler] Lady Hampshire![/spoiler]   I cannot believe Trask slapped her.  A man of God indeed. 

I for one was very satisfied with Dorcas getting eaten.  The actress playing Doracs wasn't very convincing with her "NO's!!"
I never did notice before the disembodied parts of Dorcas lying on the floor.  EWW...

Shirtless yummy, dirty, QUENTIN!  HE is scrumptious!  Do you need a bath baby?  I will go draw you one!

A+  For that TWIT Dorcas getting eaten!!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2009, 01:00:51 PM »
I cannot believe Trask slapped her.  A man of God indeed. 

I for one was very satisfied with Dorcas getting eaten. 

A+  For that TWIT Dorcas getting eaten!!

Some of us expect religious hypocrisy, in fact some over-react against all religion because of the hypocrisy they've encountered, unfortunately.   Trask(s) was a very important figure in my formation as a person.    Large as life (larger actually) there he was, the authority figure who portrayed himself as saintly and unimpeachable, impossible and immoral to disobey... and he's a bastard!    Trask may as well have been wearing a placard saying "Question authority"!   

So we accept easily that a fire-and-brimstone preacher could be that way, but the sensible ones amongst us doubters don't blame religion itself for people like that.

As for Dorcas, you yoinked a big LOL out of me with "I for one was very satisfied with Dorcas getting eaten."!   I just saw this, and missed the body parts-- do I want to go back to look for them?   Mmmaybe not.

"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2009, 03:30:21 PM »
My tapes are bad....did KLS say Jenny lies "nearly" dead or "newly" dead?

RobinV quotes it as "newly dead."  There's a link to her summary in the main topic of every WP.

I didn't carry a memory of Gregory from the 60s, though I know I was glued to this storyline.  But I do vividly recall the fear and anger that his great great (one too many greats, for sure) grandfather inspired in me.  But why one made such an impression on me and not the other, I'm not sure.  I was blissfully unaware there were pedophilic priests for one thing.

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2009, 04:59:34 AM »
I didn't carry a memory of Gregory from the 60s, though I know I was glued to this storyline.  But I do vividly recall the fear and anger that his great great (one too many greats, for sure) grandfather inspired in me.  But why one made such an impression on me and not the other, I'm not sure.  I was blissfully unaware there were pedophilic priests for one thing.

I never saw anything prior to Chris as a werewolf on first run, so I don't have any childhood memories of Rev No First Name Trask. One of the few memories I had of 1897 before seeing it again in 2002, however, was a scene with Gregory and Charity.  Think it was one of her first [spoiler]soujours into Pansy Faye-ness. [/spoiler]  I remember his being astonished at something (I didn't remember exactly what) and yelling to her to get upstairs and wash her face.  I also remembered him being a creep, but without any memory of the juicy details.

Jeannie

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2009, 01:06:33 PM »
Dorcas Trilling (What a name!) was the first victim of Werewolf Quentin. [milestone] It happened pretty darn fast, too! Dorcas screamed and then, right away, Rachel saw Dorcas's mutilated body. [ghost_shocked] I guess the Werewolf was particularly vicious when he was first created. [Wolfie]

This was the first time we saw Quentin's chest! [ghost_cheesy] Also, the first time his clothing was in tatters. [milestone] He looked strangely weird and sexy all at the same time. His sideburns really "matched" his clothing, but they looked a lot more fake when his shirt was off. Loved seeing him without his shirt, though! Mmmm! [luv]

Gregory Trask was a sexual deviant to the Nth degree. He was really creepy in this episode.  [vryevl] Dorcas being attracted to him was sickening. Trask was really mean to Jamison - not letting him eat. I don't blame Rachel for trying to give Jamison some food. Withholding food is child abuse! [ghost_mad]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2009, 03:58:02 AM »
I was thinking, as I was watching this, that the actress who played Dorcas might have made an acceptable substitute for Alejandra in those unfortunate episodes when she was no longer able or willing to appear.  She's attractive and looks more like Alejandra to me than either of the two actresses they actually got to play her.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2009, 03:16:46 PM »
When we saw Quentin on the floor of Collinwood with his hair a mess, my first thought was, "Elvis!"  I'll bet that would make David Selby very happy.

I wish we could have seen more of Dorcas Trilling.  I wondered, when Trask talked about how Rachel awoke baser instincts in him (and then said he was talking about anger) if he was checking to see if Dorcas was interested in exploring baser instincts.  I was quite surprised to learn that he knew Dorcas was listening to his side of the phone conversation with Rachel.  And then he put his hand on Dorcas's shoulder again.  To quote Pansity,
EWWWWWWWWWWWW.
Then later, when Trask put his hands on Rachel's shoulder, she shrank away - very nice.  If only Dorcas had not been torn limb from limb, we might eventually have seen her arrive at a point at which she too shrank away from Trask's touch.

Re: your spoiler. Thats how I feel about Vicky in 1795.  But at least she started out smart and competant, unlike our Rachel.
It's off-topic, but I've just got to comment: NO!  When I was watching the first episodes, my jaw dropped again and again when I saw Vicky doing incredibly ill-advised things.  Incidentally, I reread Jane Eyre recently, and was very much impressed with how Jane didn't run around asking people stupid questions, but just did her job.

After her having pulled off Josette successfully, why did they make KLS go back to weak lightweight roles?
I have to agree with everyone so far.  Rachel is beyond ANNOYING.  I hate it that poor KLS had to portray such a total moron.  She is "I don't understand" part deux!  Get a clue gal.  KLS is such a talented actress it's really a shame!
The fact that Rachel was a lightweight does not make the role of Rachel a lightweight one.  We rant and rail about how stupid Rachel was, but I don't think we ever say things like, "She seems as though she should have been smarter than that."  As far as I can tell, Kathryn Leigh Scott gave a nice, consistent performance.  She had nothing to be ashamed of there.

Rev No First Name Trask
Any relation to Sheriff No First Name Davenport?

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2009, 05:19:57 AM »
I always wished that Rachel would have told Edward and Judith about her past with Trask and what he would do to Jamison and Nora if they entrusted them in his care...but the more I think about it, would they have believed her? Trask was a 'reverend' after all, albeit a very cruel one, but he's shrewd enough to keep his cruel nature hidden within him around the adults, with whom he's ever so charming and convincing around. Once he's alone with the children, he shows his true colors. Rachel was merely a schoolteacher. Trask would have spun that same old tale about Minerva's brother and Tim and Rachel's supposed involvement in his death...I could see at least Judith buying it whole-heartedly without questioning him.

I really hate Trask. And I wasn't too fond of Dorcas, either. Rachel was right, they deserve each other.

Fortunately for Trask, and unfortunately for Jamison and Nora, there were no child services in those days. That's why Trask was able to get away with his cruelty, his false reputation as a man of God, and the fact Rachel was just too scared (with just cause) of him to call his bluff and try to expose him.

Lydia: In regards to Vicki while I agree she did make a few blunders here and there (like trusting David at times when she shouldn't have), I think she DID do her job very well, a bit more than you give her credit for. And what's wrong with Vicki asking questions, anyway, especially about Mrs. Stoddard hiring her? Elizabeth never really answered them truthfully anyway, so guess the point is moot. Sorry, I know I'm getting off-topic here.

Didn't see much of Quentin in here, but that's understandable since he's just been cursed. It was nice to see Beth so concerned about him, despite his recent actions. Quentin is lucky to have such a devoted woman who cares very much about him (much like how Barnabas has Julia who loves and cares for him very much, though at times both men took their lady friends for granted).