Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0878  (Read 839 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0878
« on: February 05, 2015, 06:16:02 PM »
Robservations #878

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0878

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 06:38:17 PM »
The writers have decided to pick up the pace in winding up the 1897 story line.

The Master of Dartmoor delivers his mantra: The penalty for harboring an escaped criminal is death! Petofi sends him off after Aristede.

Judith looks magnificently regal in a brilliant skirt and jacket of crimson brocade and velvet and ivory blouse, with glittering jewels. Her hair is piled atop her head. She meets with Evan, who has hired Tim Shaw to find out exactly what Gregory was doing all those times he was supposedly visiting her at the sanitarium. She also announces that she'll be at Evan's office tomorrow to change her will. Evan is careful not to react but does ask her, Why are you investigating your husband and changing your will? I don’t want you to do anything you’ll be sorry for later. What do you think I might be sorry for? Judith asks sternly. Evan replies evasively and comments that she hasn’t been herself since she came back from the sanitarium. She agrees. I’m much wiser than I used to be, she says. Don’t trifle with me. Evan looks at her and sees it’s the truth. He wishes her goodnight and leaves, never to return to Collinwood again.

A moment later, Trask is stunned when she tells him that she's going to leave all her money to charity. I thought it would make you happy, Judith says innocently. You took me by surprise, Trask replies, doing his best to recover. You seem upset, Judith says, enjoying herself. Obviously you don’t approve. I thought you would be overjoyed--I don’t understand your attitude. She smiles with satisfaction as she leaves the drawing room and goes upstairs. Furious, Trask grabs his coat and hat and storms out without closing the front door.

Trask heads straight for Evan’s house and demands answers. Evan invokes lawyer-client confidentiality and refuses Trask's offer of a bribe to get Judith to change her mind because he likes "being on the winning side." He warns Trask not to fight Judith because it could be the biggest mistake he ever makes. A moment later, Aristede arrives, desperate for someone to hide him. Evan refuses to help, because he's all too aware of Petofi's supernatural (and face-smooshing) powers. Trask asks to speak to Aristede alone, and Evan gives them fifteen minutes. Trask proposes a deal: I will dispose of Blackwood--if you will murder someone for me.

Trask and Aristede use the commercial break to go over the details of the plan. Trask gives Aristede a map of the upstairs at Collinwood. You are to take some jewels to make it look like a robbery, he says. The moment I get what I want, I will exorcise Blackwood. Evan returns. Your fifteen minutes are up, he announces. You must leave. Let Aristede stay for an hour till I return, Trask requests. Evan agrees, and Trask leaves. Evan invites Aristede to sit down. Aristede says, I don’t know what Trask is planning, but he has helped me tremendously. He made me feel very secure. He seems like a very wonderful man. Oh, yes, Evan agrees sarcastically, he is full of wonders.

Someone has closed the front doors of Collinwood, because Trask has to reopen them to enter the house. Were you troubled? Judith asks. My behavior toward you earlier this evening was shameful, Trask says. I beg for your forgiveness. I’m sorry I took you by surprise, Judith replies. My first thought was of myself, Trask admits. I know that was evil. Thank you for showing me the way. I’m glad you’ve come around, Judith says, laughing. I want the incident forgotten. How charitable you are, my dear, he says as he embraces her. Behind her back, we see his angry glare.

Evan and Aristede are awaiting Trask’s return when Aristede hears the dragging foot and the chain. Evan can’t hear the noises, but Aristede panics and rushes out the french doors. The next moment, Blackwood comes through the front door. Where is the prisoner? he demands. Evan orders him out, but Blackwood intones, Anyone who obstructs justice will suffer for it! Evan repeats his order, but Blackwood wraps the chain around his throat and pulls hard. Evan fights, but Blackwood is supernaturally strong. When he lets go, Evan falls to the floor. Satisfied, Blackwood turns away to search the house. Aristede runs back into the room and sees Blackwood--and Evan, lying on the floor, dead.....

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 07:10:28 PM »
Trask heads straight for Evan’s house and demands answers. Evan invokes lawyer-client confidentiality and refuses Trask's offer of a bribe to get Judith to change her mind because he likes "being on the winning side."

thank you Gordon Russell, lol

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 10:38:02 PM »
 [snow_cheesy] [snow_cheesy] [snow_cheesy]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 07:59:56 AM »
As long as Trask isn't exposed, Evan can feel safe siding with Judith or dealing with Trask any way he likes, I suppose.  Aristede turns up at Evan's place, not sure why he picked Evan.  I guess he heard Evan deals in magic.  Trask promises Aristede sanctuary, well not really.  Aristede speaks of Trask as a "wonderful man", Evan replies sarcastically that, yes, he's full of wonders...

Judith and Gregory are both feverishly planning each other's murder at the same time.  "Well, what family doesn't have its ups and downs?"-- K Hepburn in The Lion in Winter

Evan stops being careful with his own safety at a very bad time, when Garth Blackwood shuffles by.  His pride is what kills him.  Aristede said he was supernatural, but Evan, respectable professional man, gets his back up at an intruder coming into his lovely home and ordering him around.  He could have talked his way out of it easily, but no...  Farewll, Evan Hanley, my favorite HAA character.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 05:18:58 PM »
Yes, farewell, Evan. To me he runs a very close second to Nicholas Blair: "Isn't LIFE interesting!"