Author Topic: Nicholas the Bartender  (Read 780 times)

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
Nicholas the Bartender
« on: September 27, 2005, 12:28:57 AM »
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon she drinks it, within a hour, she will go to sleep, and have the dream.

Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

That has got to be one of the most greatest lines ever wrote, but, it was Humbert Allen Astredo that made at magnificent just by saying it with a little bit of "coldness" in it.

I've been watching the DVD with 'Cassandra' and her 'brother' Nicholas.  When he said that to 'Cassandra', I had to rewind the DVD two or three times.  It is gleefuly wicked.  Humbert Allen Astredo is one of the very best on DS.  He's just nitro glycerin
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Re: Nicholas the Bartender
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 12:56:59 AM »
i totally agree.as much as i dislike this period on the show in general this was a great scene.i love the repartee' between nicholas and cassandra.

there is a scene that follows where cass looks into the fireplace to locate vicki that is really good too.
it's both sad and funny that vicki thought the best place she could possibly "hide" was at her best friend maggie's house.
sad and funny also that cass needed to use magic to locate her there. ::)

this was a great little group of episodes that i believe concluded with a much loved moment between julia and cassandra.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 08:33:44 PM »
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon she drinks it, within a hour, she will go to sleep, and have the dream.

That has got to be one of the most greatest lines ever wrote, but, it was Humbert Allen Astredo that made at magnificent just by saying it with a little bit of "coldness" in it. 

I also love the line when they are at the gazebo and she's saying she can't do something he wanted her to do because of the domestic problems at Collinwood.  Nicholas says, w/dripping sarcasm, "My dear Cassandra, how commonplace you've become.  Worrying about little human problems like some suburban housewife!"

CLASSIC!
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline stefan

• Full Poster
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2005, 08:00:42 PM »
Humbert Astredo is definately one of the sexiest of the hunk bunch. I also liked his semi-romance with Maggie but I think he'd have chemistry with just about anyone. Too bad Nicholas Blair was written off the way he was. Um....dodging stones  ...I know they were looking for another male romantic lead to replace the exhausted JF, I wonder why they didn't choose H Astredo? I actually prefer him over Quentin/David Selby. Not sure why I find David Selby bland in comparison.

Offline Misa

• Full Poster
  • Is that you, Mr. Juggins?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2005, 10:47:08 PM »
No way is David Selby bland, but the way the writers wrote Quentin in the present day certainly was bland. Nicholas Blair was written in a way that would make it hard to keep him as a continuing character. The storylines they put him in weren't the best either. You are right about him being one hot guy though stefan. If they would have brought him back in a better storyline than the tired Leviathan story maybe he could have done something to give Selby and Frid a run for the title hottest guy in town.

Misa [hall2_kiss]