Author Topic: when is 'b' a 'v'?  (Read 570 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
when is 'b' a 'v'?
« on: September 17, 2005, 07:07:30 PM »
i don't know how to ask this question without there being lots of spoilers in both the question itself and the answers but here goes.

after dr.lang "cures" barnabas he remains free of the affliction throughout the rest of the 1968/69 present time episodes.however when he briefly returns to 1796 to save victoria he is again a victim of the curse.when he travels back to the year 1897 he is it's victim once more.
i understand that during the 1970PT episodes he is also under the affliction(i haven't seen that storyline yet).

so my question is this.is dr.lang's "cure" permanent in the present but ineffective in other time periods where adam does not exist?or does barnabas ever become a vampire again in the present time?

sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
Re: when is 'b' a 'v'?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 07:58:22 PM »
[spoiler]  Dr. Lang's cure was accomplished by using Barnabas' "life force" (which I'd assume was his vampirism, since that is basically what was keeping Barnabas "alive") and transferring some of it to Adam.  I suppose using one "dead" person to bring another dead person to life, somehow nullified or drained the curse from Barnabas.  However, this 'cure' only applied to Barnabas' physical body in the present.  Barnabas' body in 1796, 1897 and 1840 was still cursed with vampirism.  When Barnabas projected his astral self into the past, his spirit inhabited his body as it was during those time periods - i.e. vampiric.  When Barnabas returned to 1969, he was once again human.   This human state was short-lived.  He became a vampire again in the present  thanks to Jeb Hawkes, who returned the vampire curse to Barnabas.   In an attempt to escape the curse, Barnabas then entered 1970 PT, but alas he was still a vampire there.  In fact Barnabas remained a vampire in the present-day storyline until Angelique lifted the curse in 1840.  All this, of course, raises a variety questions and paradoxes about  Adam's draining of the curse, Barnabas' astral self vs. his physical self and where they were at any given moment, Angelique's removal of the curse, etc.  It gets really confusing. [/spoiler]
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com