Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0526  (Read 914 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0526
« on: April 22, 2008, 06:42:35 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0526
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 08:45:55 AM »
I should like to have been a fly on the wall when Nicholas Blair heard of Angelique's doings in 1795.  His commentary would surely have been scathing.

And Angelique sure got her come-uppance from Nicholas today on her deliberate antagonizing of her in-laws.  Very pleasant to hear, but I'm not sure that Nicholas was correct. What should Angelique be concentrating on?  The return of Barnabas to vampirehood is really a pretty paltry end.  Upsetting Roger, the nasty spell on Elizabeth, and splitting up Tony and Carolyn were all worthwhile efforts of an emissary of Hell.   It may be, however, that as a junior temptress (which isn't what she is, but I can't resist bringing in CS Lewis and The Screwtape Letters), she is expected to maintain discipline and refrain from branching out until she has shown that she can efficiently accomplish the immediate task.

I watched carefully yesterday and I never saw a point at which Vicky could have ripped Nicholas's button off.  But that doesn't mean a thing, because, as I have observed before, I am unobservant.

Oh, gosh, now Jeff thinks he's Peter but Vicky doesn't. Next up: Vicky thinks she's Peter but Jeff doesn't.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 10:53:27 AM »
Oh, gosh, now Jeff thinks he's Peter but Vicky doesn't. Next up: Vicky thinks she's Peter but Jeff doesn't.

Jeff will soon think Vicki is Peter, damn it.    Or something.

"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 02:34:00 PM »
I think Nicholas hit the nail on the head when he said Cassandra/Angelique's lingering feelings for Barnabas have put a snafu in her plans to make him revert back to being a vampire. She sure puts up a convincing act that she totally hates Barnabas, but I think if she truly, 100 percent did hate his guts at this point, she would have cursed him the very first day she showed up at Collinwood. The dream curse just may have been something she wanted to scare him with.

I said just a few weeks back that Cassandra made a mistake not to at least try to get on the good side of Elizabeth. I think Nicholas made a good point about her blunders regarding the family. She also alienated Carolyn over Tony, made David mute (although she made him forget), she ignores Roger almost 90 percent of the time, and when they are together, she either puts him off or they fight. Even Mrs. Johnson has gotten quite annoyed with her on occasion.

Barnabas and Vicki, of course should know who Cassandra really is, so their attitude towards her is quite understandable.

Now that Nicholas is here, and he's brought his "sister" back, he's determined to keep her in line....Good luck!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 07:58:18 PM »
I said just a few weeks back that Cassandra made a mistake not to at least try to get on the good side of Elizabeth.

Probably true - it would have been good strategy. But given Cassandralique's temper, and given the remark Liz made to her on the very first night she arrived at Collinwood:

[spoiler]

1968: Ep #474 - Liz believes Cassandra could make Roger happy
by annulling her marriage. ( You've just got to love the way Liz
'welcomes' her new sister-in-law!  ;-) )
[/spoiler]

I suspect Liz very quickly went to the top of Cassandralique's Must-get-revenge-against list. And given how twisted she also is, it probably gave her immense pleasure to cause Liz to only think of death rather than to make nicey-nice with her.  [b003]  One of Angelique's biggest problems has and probably always will be that she doesn't think things completely through before she acts.  But then, what fun for the audience would it be if she did and we didn't get to see how things often come crashing down around her?

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 10:02:18 AM »
This is when I started to see Angelique as a pawn of Nicholas, and that she was not really as powerful as I thought she was. I was starting to see her as more "human". It's fun to watch her kowtow to Nicholas and feel powerless against him. [ghost_cheesy]

I watched carefully yesterday and I never saw a point at which Vicky could have ripped Nicholas's button off.  But that doesn't mean a thing, because, as I have observed before, I am unobservant.
I didn't notice it, either, Lydia.  [ghost_undecided]

I was just thinking that Nicholas seemed more like Angelique's father (not her brother) because he was very judgemental and critical of her -  and much more powerful.  [ghost_wink]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]