Author Topic: Donna McKechnie autobiography  (Read 1078 times)

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Donna McKechnie autobiography
« on: January 24, 2007, 04:25:36 AM »
 :D  I don't know if this has been posted here before, so please excuse my ignorance if it has been...but I have just finished reading Donna McKechnie's autobiography: "TIMESTEPS: My Musical Comedy Life", and though she only mentions DS in a few pages, I highly recommend this wonderful book to anyone who has interest in DS, Broadway, Musicals, Dancing...need I say more?  Donna McKechnie is truly a Broadway star, right up there with Gwen Verden and Chita Rivera, and her story if both enlightening and humbling.  Please do yourself a favor and have the pleasure of checking it out.

Brian 

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
Re: Donna McKechnie autobiography
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 05:27:31 AM »
Thanks for the tip.  I sometimes wonder what the DS actors are doing nowadays.  I am still working of Marie Wallace's and David Selby's books.  Now, if I can just find the time to read all the books I have on my list.  [book2]
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 01:28:26 AM »
...but I have just finished reading Donna McKechnie's autobiography: "TIMESTEPS: My Musical Comedy Life",   Donna McKechnie is truly a Broadway star, right up there with Gwen Verden and Chita Rivera, and her story if both enlightening and humbling.

Brian, since I didn't like her character, I've always dismissed Donna McKenchie(sp). But I've seen her recently in a few PBS items on Broadway, and I agree that she's a star.

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 03:06:51 PM »
Brian, since I didn't like her character, I've always dismissed Donna McKenchie(sp). But I've seen her recently in a few PBS items on Broadway, and I agree that she's a star.

Not crazy about Amanda Harris either but must say meeting Donna at the the last Fest was cool, she's very sweet!  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"