Author Topic: changes to profile  (Read 713 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
changes to profile
« on: November 01, 2005, 02:14:37 AM »
lately i have noticed some changes to our personal profile options.

for one it used to tell when a member was "last active".that seems to have disappeared.

another was the "show topics started by this member" option.i found that option to be particularly useful because often when i have a question about the show i forget if i already asked it and what the replies were and that was a handy tool rather than having to re-read all of my posts(which are now in the hundreds vs. the 50 or so topics i've started).

why were these options changed?
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: changes to profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 03:03:22 AM »
The "last active" feature was disabled. As for "show topics started by this member," I'd forgotten that feature existed. And the interesting thing is that I just visited SMF's own site, and it isn't available there either. That most likely means one of two things: 1) the SMF devcelopers removed it at some point during one of the system's upgrades, or 2) it has never been a part of SMF and was instead part of YaBB SE (the forum's previous system and sort of SMF's parent system because SMF grew out of it) and when we moved from YaBB SE to SMF back in May 2004, we lost it. However, in either case, the feature is no longer available.  :(