Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0850  (Read 1206 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0850
« on: September 11, 2009, 10:42:51 PM »

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0850
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 07:02:12 PM »
The star crossed lovers plan to flee together but fate seems to thwart them.   If Quentin loves Amanda as much as he claims, then why not tell her he's not quite human himself and put her mind at ease about her status?   Tate and Trask manage to cause trouble for the lovers .  Amanda seems to finally rid herself of Trask after she tells him he lives a life of lies.  I can't imagine it will cause any great change in his character to learn this.  Will she take the train?  One can only hope that she does and I won't have to adjust the volume down on her scenes anymore.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 04:26:48 PM »
I wished that Quentin made Tate black and blue.

If Tate REALLY had any brains in his head, he would have packed his bags, taken the portrait and took the first carriage or train out of Collinsport to avoid Quentin's wrath. Perhaps a carriage would have been wiser, since Quentin and Amanda were planning to leave town by train.

Trask told Amanda he would never cause pain to anyone else. Somehow, I don't think Minerva, Rachel, and Jamison would agree with him.

Unfortunately, [spoiler] this isn't the last we see of Amanda. She'll be back. Enjoy her absence [/spoiler] while you can, I know I will.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 04:49:36 PM »
It wouldn't have been wise of Tate to flee Collinsport with the portrait while Petofi might still have a use for him.

Nora's a weak vessel, isn't she?  Tim asked her to keep the box containing the hand for him, and she let Jamison have it.  Now Quentin has asked her to take a note to Amanda, and she let Trask have it.  Someday people are going to learn not to ask favors of her.

It seems wrong that we didn't get a scene between Julia and Amanda.  The idea of Julia having a house guest while she pursues her plans, and of the house guest not knowing of Julia's origin, and of that house guest being Amanda, who is apparently a formerly fallen woman - all that would be fun.  Did Julia rush out to buy some eggs when she heard Amanda was coming?  That's what I do when I've got somebody coming to stay overnight.  My one-cup coffee-maker has been the trunk of my car for several months because I've been meaning to take it to my sister and see if she can figure out how it works because it's got me baffled.  I used to know how to work it, but the last time I had a guest overnight, I realized I had forgotten.

I think Julia's stay at the Old Rectory is the only time we see that place.  Barnabas knew it would be available, and that it was habitable.  Strange.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 06:18:24 PM »
I forgot about Petofi. And apparently so did Tate. He didn't stop to think that [spoiler] Petofi would punish him for taking the painting [/spoiler] but perhaps he should have. Since it was Petofi who put him up to painting Quentin's portrait, it was naive of Tate to dismiss Petofi's interest in it.

In regards to Nora giving the hand to Jamison, she really had no choice but to let him have it, since he was twisting her arm and probably would have broken it if she didn't give it to him. I think Tim was the one who messed up when he was talking to Jamison at the inn, because he let Jamison know that he had talked to Nora. But then Tim had no idea it was really Count Petofi in Jamison's body that he was talking to.

With regards to Amanda's note...well, Nora probably should have been more defiant to Trask, but don't forget she was under his care at Worthington Hall for a time, and she is all too aware by now of how cruel he can be when he wants to be.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 05:11:53 AM »
Jamison wouldn't have known for sure that Nora had the box if Nora hadn't blabbed.  And Nora could have gone out the back door to take the note to Amanda - but of course nobody does that at Collinwood.

I keep thinking: "Amy wouldn't have let Tim or Quentin down the way Nora did."

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 07:28:07 PM »
Major Milestones: [milestone]
1. Quentin was not able to find his portrait at Tate's gallery and missed meeting Amanda at the train station.
2. Nora returned onscreen after a long absence.

It was nice to see Nora again. [santa_wink] It's too bad she wasn't able to stop Trask from getting Quentin's note. But it's understandable to me why, because Trask was such a disciplinarian and a scary, threatening person to her. I agree it was brave of her to stay and let Quentin know that Amanda didn't get the note.

Kudos to Amanda for finally sticking up for herself with Trask and letting him have it! [cheer] Too bad it didn't make him change his ways. Once again, I hate him in this episode, [santa_angry] this time for stealing the note and lying to Amanda that Quentin was with Angelique.

I agree with Robin that the fight scene was pretty cool. [thumb] Tate sure found a great hiding place for Quentin's portrait! I was surprised that Quentin didn't think to look there.  [santa_undecided]

I guess Amanda didn't believe Trask, because she still expected Quentin to meet her at the train station. [spoiler]This will be the last we see of Amanda for a while. [clap][/spoiler]    

I loved the scene when Quentin walked in, whistling. It was nice to see him happy, even if it was short-lived.  [santa_smiley]

----- Sally -----
[santa_cool] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 01:47:39 PM »
Hey, EmmyRose, it's great to see you posting again!

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 07:43:35 AM »
Thanks, Lydia! Now I need to watch more episodes, so I can post again!  [santa_wink]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]