Author Topic: Grayson Hall's Connection To "Motown Memories"?  (Read 517 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Grayson Hall's Connection To "Motown Memories"?
« on: August 25, 2009, 03:59:44 AM »
While waiting to watch a totally different program on PBS, I just caught the end of their Motown Memories special. Considering he's already produced several of these types of shows for PBS, it came as no surprise when I saw in the end credits that it was produced by Jim Pierson. However, what did come as a surprise to me was that Grayson Hall's name went by during the acknowledgments. Does anyone know how in the world Grayson may be connected to the show? I connect her with many things, but Motown isn't exactly one of them. But that may simply be because I'm ignorant of how she was. And true, I suppose there is a possibility that there could be or have been another Grayson Hall in the world somewhere. But given Pierson's participation, it seems more likely that it is indeed our Grayson Hall.

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Re: Grayson Hall's Connection To "Motown Memories"?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 10:11:14 PM »
When all else fails, read the Book MB!

Grayson and Sam were friends with many recording artists thru Ahmet Ertugen (Oh i spelled that wrong I know).
Julia99

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 11:07:17 PM »
The woman must have really had quite the life if she rates an acknowledgment almost 25 years after her death! I suppose I really need to catch the Motown Memories special the next time it plays to see if I can catch/deduce her connection.  [ghost_wink]

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 05:28:15 PM »
Aside from being packrats and maybe having had some materials in the attic, I would assume she connected Pierson (back in the day) to some people?

I know a guy I interviewed spoke with her a few years before her death about a writer whom she had known in Philadelphia and Los Angeles.  She told stories of him (the author) going to Mexico, his car getting broken into and his buddy "Ted" being pissed off cuz all his clothes were stolen.
It wasn't until I spoke with the guy that he understood "Ted" had been her husband at the time!  She kinda left that part out.
Julia99