Author Topic: DS film featured player reprises role in Stepford redux  (Read 1219 times)

LorraineAAB

DS film featured player reprises role in Stepford redux
« on: June 28, 2003, 11:27:11 PM »
I don't think this is TOO OT !

As a dues-paying member of Lockwood-Mathews Mansion Museum, the latest newletter I've received has confirmed what has been proposed for months:

"The LMMM has been chosen to repeat its original role as the Stepford Men's Association in the upcoming remake of "The Stepford Wives" being made by Paramount Pictures.
The new film, which stars Nicole Kidman, Bette Midler, Matthew Broderick,
Christopher Walken" (*I can guess HIS role, can't you?--L.*)  "and Faith Hill, and will be directed by frank Oz, is also being shot at Waveny Park in New Canaan.
The shooting schedule has not been finalized, but the camerasare expected to roll here in late August.  Stay tuned for more exciting updates."

Now, if there was ever a concept that didn't need another remake, this has to be it (another run at DS's Barnabas-Josette-Angelique triangle notwithstanding.)  The first film was far from perfect, even cheesily-made and not entrirely faithful to the book as "Rosemary's Baby" was to its source) but it had both wicked-funny and poignant moments.  Even the numerous made-for-TV sequels had their moments.  Most important, they were pertinent to their times.  I just don't see the the same issues the late Ira Levin satirized in the novel.

IMHO, perhaps it would have been interesting as a satire on a satire--- the wives have fought back and won, and now their formerly domineering husbands face their own exploitation.  "Dale Coba" could be a Hillary wannabe, I suppose.  Or, better yet, an Ann Coulter type.  In any case, who would really care what happens to a gaggle of PMS-y soccer moms?

L. ("Ooooh, you're the MASTER!")

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
Re:DS film featured player reprises role in Stepford redux
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2003, 12:38:51 AM »
I LOVE Christopher Walken!!!!  Absolutely, without a doubt, love him.  I love him so much, I'd drive him around, cause he dosen't have a drivers licence.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if you woke up, and you were at The Old House, and Barnabas, Christopher Walken and Robert DeNiro were there.  I'd probably have a heart attack and die because, the three of them, well, that's to much beauty for my eyes  to contain. [luv]
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2003, 02:01:32 AM »
I LOVE Christopher Walken!!!!  Absolutely, without a doubt, love him.  I love him so much, I'd drive him around, cause he dosen't have a drivers licence.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if you woke up, and you were at The Old House, and Barnabas, Christopher Walken and Robert DeNiro were there.  I'd probably have a heart attack and die because, the three of them, well, that's to much beauty for my eyes  to contain. [luv]

heehee i love the guy too!
jennifer
ann colter[eek]runs from the room[puke]ing That WOMAN is scary  >:D
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2003, 02:12:27 AM »
i don't know with Nicole Kidman and Bette Midler. . maybe it will got back to the original source novel and do it justice. . .one can only hope.   :P
Julia99