Author Topic: Dark shadows Resurrected 2008  (Read 6465 times)

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
Dark shadows Resurrected 2008
« on: March 29, 2008, 08:12:15 PM »
I just received my order form for the Fest
$30 for the weekend and $50 for the banquet
Frid's photo will be personalized with your first name from the order form.
Guests to include:
Lara Parker
Kathryn Leigh Scott
Marie Wallace
Lisa Richards
John Karlen
Chris Pennock
Robert Rodan
Jerry Lacy
Robert Cobert
AND Roger Davis!!!!!!
with other guests TBA

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Dark shadows Resurrected 2008
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 09:00:22 PM »
Wow, the return of Roger.

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 09:15:56 PM »
Thats quite an impressive guest list considering a few more usually get added as the fest gets closer.  Sounds like we'll have quite a crowd.  I hope I'm able to make it.
"PEOPLE CAN FORGET WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Offline Garth Blackwood

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 10:32:11 PM »
Wow Jerry Lacy! I've never been to a DS festival but I might consider it this year. Anyone else ever been? Do you get to interact with the cast members, or just see them on stage? How long before the fest can you sign up to go?

Everyone from dsboards.com should wear a pin on their cuff or something so we all know each other, lol...
"I am the law sir ... I have one and only one warning for you-- STAND ASIDE"

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 12:48:05 AM »
Wow Jerry Lacy! I've never been to a DS festival but I might consider it this year. Anyone else ever been? Do you get to interact with the cast members, or just see them on stage? How long before the fest can you sign up to go?

Everyone from dsboards.com should wear a pin on their cuff or something so we all know each other, lol...

To answer a few of your questions, yes I have attened, this will mark my 7th fest. The stars usually, when not on stage, are signing autographs at tables (expect long lines) A few have their own stuff they are selling books and the like so they are really accessable. Other stars like Frid will be closely guarded. I have been at fests where Roger Davis will walk down the line waiting to go in for the banquet and sign stuff or take pictures. For people who are the mailing list the sign up forms are out now. The Fest Web site should have the online form up soon.  Some of the DS Boards people add their screen name to their name badge so you can look for that. Hope to see you!

LdyAnne

Offline mspeel007

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 02:30:51 AM »
Woo-Hoo!!! Good times in Burbank July 18-20!!!!!! [band] [2Bats] [beer] [cheerleader] [clap2]
And in the end...the love you take..is equal to the love you make.

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 02:26:39 PM »
Last year the banquet sold out early. You may want to keep that in mind.

This will be my second fest, my first west coast fest. Maybe all of us board members can meet for lunch or a drink, or something. What do you think? Anybody arriving early? My flight will arrive in Burbank at 2:37 PM on the 17th. If others are going to be there then let me know and we could meet on the 17th.
May you die before you want too.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 07:11:07 PM »
Congratulations on making it to "Collinwood" (as depicted in your new avatar), borgosi!  [thumb]

Offline mspeel007

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2008, 07:12:29 PM »
Sounds like a great idea to me!! [beer]! I will probably be arriving about the same time. I have a friend that lives a block from the hotel, so I'll be staying with her to save money! I made a hotel reservation last year, so if anyone is interested, let me know! I haven't cancelled it yet!
And in the end...the love you take..is equal to the love you make.

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2008, 07:44:31 PM »
Congratulations on making it to "Collinwood" (as depicted in your new avatar), borgosi!  [thumb]

Being at "Collinwood" was great. I was there until 4 in the afternoon then left to drive home. All the way back to Georgia. It was a very long drive but well worth it.

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2008, 07:47:21 PM »
Sounds like a great idea to me!! [beer]! I will probably be arriving about the same time.

If we arrive early enough we could split the price of a cab, or even walk, and see the sights. The Hollywood sign, maybe the Hollywood walk of fame, who knows but I sure we could come up with something.

Offline Angelique Wins

• Full Poster
  • Angelique wins!
    • View Profile
    • Hey!  It's My Dark Shadows Website!
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2008, 07:51:30 PM »

I always tell everybody "you can't miss me!  I'm the rather large person wearing the Hawaiian shirt and a button which declares 'Angelique Wins.'"  Several people now have the same pin, so not EVERYBODY wearing one is me.  I'M the one with the sparkling personality and great sense of humor...oh, and EXTREME humbleness.  Yeah.  That's the ticket!  ("NO TICKET!!!"--Indiana Jones)

And if you still can't find me, I'm planning on being on stage Saturday Night at the GALA with a few of my closest friends (say 2-25) singing the DS Anthem I wrote for the 40th.   [sing2]

Hope to see you there!!!!

Judy
[9366]
**For the record...just in case you're wondering how it all turns out---Angelique wins.  [9366]

And if you want to know just how that's possible...then check out my DS fan fiction!
                         [read3]
http://www.codelphia.com/angeliquewins/tableocontents.html

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2008, 08:14:53 PM »
I always tell everybody "you can't miss me!  I'm the rather large person wearing the Hawaiian shirt and a button which declares 'Angelique Wins.'"  Several people now have the same pin, so not EVERYBODY wearing one is me.  I'M the one with the sparkling personality and great sense of humor...oh, and EXTREME humbleness.  Yeah.  That's the ticket!

Yes, extremely humble.  [ghost_grin]

From your description, I'm pretty sure I've met and spoken to you at a few Fests - though you probably weren't aware you met/spoke to me - or at least that I'm MB.  [disguise]

If you haven't, you should hang out with Darren Gross some time because he's definitely fond of Hawaiian shirts.  [ghost_wink]

left to drive home. All the way back to Georgia.

I have two friends who drove to Georgia yesterday. Who knows - maybe you passed each other on the road.  [ghost_cool]

Offline KajunDC

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2008, 10:20:23 PM »
My flight arrives at 11:50am.  I'm hoping to hit a couple of sites on Thu and maybe early Fri.  I went to the banquet last year (Tarrytown) and I enjoyed it but have not decided for sure if I'll attend it this year.

How many who are going to the fest will also be at the banquet?
"Where were you when I was turned into something even my own father loathed..."

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2008, 10:38:37 PM »
I went to the banquet last year (Tarrytown) and I enjoyed it but have not decided for sure if I'll attend it this year.

How many who are going to the fest will also be at the banquet?

I'm not gonna fly across the country and not do it all, so I'll be at the banquet and everything else.