Author Topic: No One Mourns The Wicked....  (Read 736 times)

Offline Bobubas

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
No One Mourns The Wicked....
« on: June 12, 2004, 01:49:15 PM »
..is Midnite's caption for her Angelique avatar, and it is also the name of the opening song of the recent hit Broadway Musical "Wicked", billed as the prequel to 'The Wizard Of Oz'. I highly recommend the CD, the music and lyrics are WONDERFUL!

For those of you like myself, who prior to attending the DS Festi...err, DS 'Weekend'  ;) plan to see a Broadway show or two....or three  ;D I would also highly recommend purchasing your theatre tickets in advance. There is a political convention in NYC during the time period we will all be there, and theatre tickets for some of the more popular shows will be at a premium. A small group of us have already purchased tickets for Wicked, and i can tell you that there is very limited availability(at least through TicketMaster)for Aug. 10th, 11th, and 12th performances. 

Another Broadway show that would be of interest to my fellow Dark Shadows friends is "Dracula The Musical".  I am a member of a theatre club and receive codes for various shows that allow you to purchase tickets at a discounted rate. I've pasted below the information for 'Dracula The Musical' that I received. I can tell you that as of yesterday, there were wonderful seats available for the same dates that I posted above for 'Wicked'.  :)
                                               Bob

Save up to 40%
on preview performances, beginning July 19-
if you order by July 18.

Tickets are $61.25, reg $101.25. Valid Mon.-Sat. at 8pm, Wed. & Sat. at 2pm, July 19 through August 15 only, if you order by July 18.
(212) 947-8844 & give code DR4TMC6
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: No One Mourns The Wicked....
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2004, 02:48:07 PM »
Just in case anyone is suddenly concerned about being in the New York Metro area during the Republican Convention.....(let's be honest....the security logistics are going to cause considerable inconvenience)......the actual dates for the convention are Monday 8/30 to Thursday 9/2/04.....2 weeks AFTER the weekend in Tarrytown.   ;)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
Re: No One Mourns The Wicked....
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2004, 10:57:45 PM »
Wow great ideas Bob as i want to go to Tarrytown but because of my upcomig surgery on july 2nd feel like i'm on hold ......

jennifer
The DNC is here and everyone if freaking out about it i mean the city should be giving out chill pills....
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV