Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0317  (Read 1044 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0317
« on: June 12, 2007, 07:02:10 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0317
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 08:08:45 PM »
I think back to when these shows were on. Nothing else like it was happening. On Soap Opera's we had the normal, stuff marriages, affairs, children out of wedlock and murder. In DS we had Vampires, Ghosts, Murder, Blackmail, Secrets after Secrets. The sets and the music was great you could never miss a show or you would be lost.

You wonder what Barnabas told Julia when they broke away. Julia is trying to find out as much as she can, I think to help Barnabas and prevent him from doing bad thing. Also I think that she wants to have her experiment work. I think at this point, though it is more than the experiment. I think that she knows the vampire side of him is eating him up.  I think that he wishes that he was no longer in his state, but he can't do anything about it alone.

I can't quite figure out why it took them this long to figure out Sarah is a ghost.  How do they think that she just pops in and out of where she is. I wish I had the ability to pop in and out, just think about all the time I would save going to and from work.  ;)
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 09:34:32 PM »
We learned last week that Eagle Hill is still five miles from Collinwood, so how did Barnabas get there?  And, more to the point, how did Julia follow him?  If he drove, where did he and Julia park their respective cars so that Sam and Dave didn't see them?  If he flew as a bat and Julia followed him, then she is more talented than we knew.  And if he walked, then he's a fool.

I don't blame Dave Woodard for being nervous around Sam with that pistol.  Sam said he was pretty good with it once upon a time - but that's Sam's story.  People always think they're better at things than they are.  If I had been Dave Woodard, I'd have been torn between going to Eagle Hill with Sam just in case Sam did something stupid with the pistol, and dropping out of the expedition just in case Sam did something stupid to me with the pistol.

And now Dave has an idea about who Sarah is.  I'm not surprised that it's taking them so long to figure it out.  She just doesn't act mysterious and ectoplasmic the way a ghost should.  And why would a ghost with a 150-year-old brand new doll take an interest in a modern-day crime?  I keep coming back to this question: if you assume that Barnabas is not the villain in this whole business - as Dave Woodard is doing at this point - then how do you put together an explanation of what happened with Maggie, David, and Sarah?  Someday I'm going to come up with something.  There I'll be on my deathbed forty years from now, saying, "Hold everything!  I can't die yet!  I just figured it out!"

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 10:00:02 PM »
There I'll be on my deathbed forty years from now, saying, "Hold everything!  I can't die yet!  I just figured it out!"

:D  And no doubt we'll all be looking forward to that moment.  [thumbleft]  Well, certainly not your death, but the explanation.  ;)

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 10:27:59 PM »
There I'll be on my deathbed forty years from now, saying, "Hold everything!  I can't die yet!  I just figured it out!"

:D  And no doubt we'll all be looking forward to that moment.  [thumbleft]  Well, certainly not your death, but the explanation.  ;)

My mother,  (she's no longer with us for a few years now) was in an ambulance on the way to the hospital. She said I haven't finished MY LIFE, refering to the Clinton Biography. The attendant thought it was her life. She had a great life. Just a little humor.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 10:09:09 AM »
This was the first time Barnabas and Julia hid in the Secret Room together. [winkg] It seems to me that the Secret Room must be built into a hill, since people aren't readily able to figure out that it is there. [idontknow] Seeing Dave and Sam wearing those hats makes me remember that all men used to wear hats like that  back in the "olden days".  The hats nowadays are different, and many men (and women) don't wear hats any more.  [cheesyg]

----- Sally -----

[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]