Author Topic: Voice Overs  (Read 3039 times)

Offline Sandor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Voice Overs
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2004, 06:54:41 PM »
I'd read somewhere that the actor doing the voice-over not only had to be in that day's episode, but their character couldn't be in the opening scene (though this rule was bent a few times, particularly with Alexandra Moltke). Grayson gets my vote for "best voice-overs." Whenever I heard her distinctive husky tones at the beginning, I thought, "Cool! Doctor Hoffman's in today's show, so something really juicy's bound to happen."
As for the text of the voice-overs, they're tough to write on a daily basis (basing this observation on some fan-fiction I've written in the past). Common words in the intro included "terror," "death," "fear," "darkness," and "the great house of Collinwood."
Imagine starting your average day with an obligatory "voice over."  Love it! Try it.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2006, 03:16:15 AM »
I particularly enjoyed the voiceovers done by Humbert Allen Astredo.....his voice sounding so sinister and yet so charming, keeping totally in Nicholas' character.

Also loved Jonathan's voiceovers, as too few as there were. Also his voiceovers were very much in character, sounding a bit menacing yet with a hint of vulnerability in there as well.

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2006, 05:45:08 AM »
I enjoyed Grayson's, Lara's, and David Selby's the most. I think all of them can emote like no other. I don't recall if Marie Wallace did any or not. Actually, now that I think about it, I think she did. At the 06 Brooklyn Fest, I sat and listened to her talk and read a passage from her book. Even though I had no real interest in her book, I listened intently because something about her voice is bewitching. I'd listen to her read the dictionary, phone book, etc any day!
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2006, 02:27:54 PM »
I love Grayson Hall's voiceovers, and right now when I'm watching 1897, it's especially fun to hear them, knowing that she'll be doing the Magda accent later on.

Early in 1897 there's a Roger Davis voiceover that surprised me.  I don't like his voice - it sounds to me as though he's eating peanut butter - but he did a very nice, sort of spooky job on this voiceover, and I didn't think of peanut butter even once.