Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0313  (Read 1910 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0313
« on: June 06, 2007, 07:11:19 PM »

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0313
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 09:38:18 PM »
Today was the famous "incestors" episode! [banana] That was so funny! [cheesyg]  Louis Edmonds quickly corrected himself without missing a beat.  He's such a class act! [winkg]  The scene when the caretaker thought David was a ghost was a hoot, too! [lghg]

How frustrating for David to fall asleep at just the wrong times!  I remember when Spoiler:
Julia was held prisoner by PT Angelique much later on in the show, the same thing happened.
It's a common theme for soap operas, and thrilling to watch! [cheer]

It sure seemed to me like Roger got home pretty darn early in the morning!  I'm lucky if I leave by that time!  How did he get back so early - did he drive?  I doubt that an airline would have left that early in the morning. [idontknow]

David doesn't realize how close he is to being able to open that door.  It's too bad Sarah didn't tell him how to do that when she showed him the room.  [lpsldg]

----- Sally -----

[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 09:55:00 PM »
This was a great treading-water episode.  We've reached a particularly pleasing point in the storyline, and it makes sense to stop and have a picnic and enjoy the view.

I liked Roger's arrival home.  The suitcase seemed not to be empty, which isn't always the case when characters are carrying suitcases around.  And the way Roger looked around the foyer was very nicely done, as well as the whole set-to with Vicky, Carolyn, and Joe.  But I agree with EmeraldRose that 6:30 in the morning is strange time for him to be getting home.  Oh, well, maybe Liz didn't want him to leave Boston last night.

I've never liked either Carolyn or Vicky much, but I liked the scene with them in the drawing room, after Roger and Joe left.  That's a very nice friendship.

The caretaker, in his Peter Pan collar, is one of my favorite minor characters.  He and Roger really ought to be bosom buddies.  Imagine them, two totally clueless guys discussing the state of the world over a glass of sherry - but I suppose every clueless person is clueless in his own way, so Roger's and the caretaker's minds will never meet.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 11:49:25 PM »
But I agree with EmeraldRose that 6:30 in the morning is strange time for him to be getting home.

This topic might reveal forever why Roger likes to return so early:

Episode #0313

;D

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 12:42:26 AM »
This was a filler show. We can't have David coming out during the day can we.  There are interesting things to come. This is the famous episode for Louis Edmonds. he did cover well.  Maybe there is also a bit of fore shadowing going on here when Roger is talking about his ancestors.

I wonder how much air is there in the mausoleum,  maybe some of the reason the David was tired was also the air and food factor. I must say that Joe looks pretty fresh for being up all night. But I said that in the last post.

Now Roger might have a private plane  fly him up. The care taker has never been with it much, maybe he has something on the somebody and that is why he is still there. But this is during the time that people were on their jobs for a very long time.  Maybe on else wanted the job.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 07:27:26 AM »
I've always assumed that there are enough cracks between the stones or whatever to let air in.  There have been a number of people who hid or were trapped there and all seemed to do all right physically.
Josette

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 07:41:03 AM »
This was a great treading-water episode.  We've reached a particularly pleasing point in the storyline, and it makes sense to stop and have a picnic and enjoy the view.

I suppose every clueless person is clueless in his own way, so Roger's and the caretaker's minds will never meet.

That last bit echoes certain thoughts I've had, somehow.     Not regarding them, but human beings.   Anyway, I wish I could find something to enjoy in a "treading-water episode".
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

CT!_CTP/FITBs

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 04:25:41 PM »
I've always assumed that there are enough cracks between the stones or whatever to let air in.

One could most certainly assume that. After all, how else would the candles that will appear in the mausoleum's secret room in subsequent episodes remain perpetually lit without the oxygen to fuel them?  [wink2]

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 04:45:28 AM »
That Roger sure is a character.

Here he arrives home to discover his own son missing and he seems more interested in scolding and assigning blame to the adults involved than he is in finding him.  That man is one master guilt-tripper.

It's also nice to see that the potential loss of his son doesn't hinder his being able to appreciate humor at the expense of others..in this case, the "mad" caretaker who proves an endless source of amusement for the tickled Roger.  I guess that's what is (appropriately in this case)  referred to as "graveyard humor."

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 06:43:28 AM »
As I recall, Roger got off a good one on the caretaker, though.  Don't remember what it was.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2007, 05:38:31 PM »
Don't remember what it was.

Though it's not as detailed as most, perhaps reading the Robservations for this episode might refresh your memory.  ;)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2007, 05:31:44 AM »
Don't remember what it was.

Though it's not as detailed as most, perhaps reading the Robservations for this episode might refresh your memory.  ;)

I don't read long items like articles, because of eyes.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2007, 07:12:01 AM »
I don't read long items like articles, because of eyes.

That's perfectly understandable. Though the portion of the Robservations involving Roger and the caretaker isn't long at all. It's actually shorter than many if not not most posts on the forum. Certainly most posts in these Watching Project topics.  :)  And locating the correct section wouldn't even have to involve scanning the whole synopsis because one can simply use one's browser's "Find in This Page..." or "Find (on This Page)..." feature to jump right to the first mention of the caretaker.  ;)

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2007, 09:04:06 AM »
I believe that it's in this episode that Roger says the caretaker heard "the pearl-shaped tones of a spook saying BOO."  I remember it because I wondered if Louis Edmonds was supposed to say "pear-shaped" instead of "pearl-shaped".  But when I google on pearl-shaped tones and pear-shaped tones, I get answers for both, so I guess this wasn't a companion blooper to "incestors", after all.