Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0423  (Read 949 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0423
« on: November 07, 2007, 07:39:09 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0423
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 09:49:36 PM »
If Dark Shadows had lasted for a thousand years, fans would still say that this - 1795 - was Louis Edmonds's finest hour.  He looks so very weighed down by all that has happened.

I wish Suki had been able to stick around longer.  She gave us a welcome contrast to Vicky.  If time and space had been suspended and Suki had been sent to 1967, you can bet she wouldn't have wasted a minute before she started figuring out how to take advantage of everyone and everything.  As it was, she appeared to quite capable of making herself into a beloved and permanent resident of Collinwood - a 1795 version of Julia Hoffman.

Suki's dress today was quite subdued and tasteful.  I don't think she could have gotten it at such short notice in Collinsport, so she must have brought it with her from Baltimore.  She would have made a great Girl Scout: she was Prepared.  Well, not for Barnabas, but then, nobody is Prepared for Barnabas.

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 05:12:14 AM »
When Suki interrupts the discussion between Natalie and Joshua, she says she heard Josette calling for someone named Barnabas, and she hopes Josette is all right. But instead of sounding concerned, she only sounded nosey, like she was trying to get information.

I don't think Suki had any intensions of ever leaving Collinwood, she enjoyed harassing Nathan too much.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 08:11:25 AM »
One thing that puzzles me is this: When a person is strangled, doesn't he/she collapse and die right away? It seems implausible to me that Suki would stay alive just long enough to utter Barnabas' name to Nathan. [idontknow]

I think Barnabas could have avoided strangling Suki if he had simply disappeared when she saw him. [hall2_rolleyes]

So now Nathan is on Barnabas' trail. First, he saw Barnabas in the woods. Then, he heard Suki utter his name.  It's going to get really exciting now.  [hall_shocked]

Yes, indeed, Louis Edmonds is doing a fabulous job as a distraught Joshua! [clap2]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hall2_cool] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 07:04:38 AM »
One thing that puzzles me is this: When a person is strangled, doesn't he/she collapse and die right away? It seems implausible to me that Suki would stay alive just long enough to utter Barnabas' name to Nathan. [idontknow]

Yes, why would a person die AFTER the obstruction had been removed from the throat - especially when that person still had enough breath to utter a name?