Author Topic: Hottest Kisses on DS  (Read 9361 times)

Offline FireRose

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Hottest Kisses on DS
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2005, 12:39:24 AM »
Oh by the way Connie thanks for the screen capture that I used for the kiss that everyone wanted to see.

FireRose

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2005, 02:46:51 AM »
Well, bust my.....whatever!!   ;D
That's really good!  Could you do one that doesn't have the effects?  (I'd try but don't think I have the patience) 

[wavey]

[thumb]
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2005, 03:36:25 AM »
Lovely!!
Josette

Offline FireRose

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2005, 05:54:26 AM »
Could you do one that doesn't have the effects?  (I'd try but don't think I have the patience)

How about this?

Offline Countess

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2005, 06:00:57 AM »
FireRose...I luv you!   [cheerleader]

Countess(happy at last.)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2005, 07:05:04 AM »
i don't really get the whole barnabas/julia preoccupation.why isn't it o.k. for them just to be friends and colleagues?
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2005, 07:41:33 AM »
i don't really get the whole barnabas/julia preoccupation.why isn't it o.k. for them just to be friends and colleagues?

Yeah, I'm glad they never actually got together on the show.  It would have ruined that tension, and a relationship of that nature probably would have ended badly for both of them.  But I think a lot/most people can relate to the situation Julia is in (longing for someone they can't be with or who doesn't feel the same way) and so they really root for Julia to be with Barnabas.  IMO, they make a great team as close friends, but not as Romantic partners.  Sadly, I think Barnabas is doomed to loneliness.  He just has way too much baggage, and bad luck seems to follow him wherever he goes.  Any potential romantic interest inevitably ends up dead for one reason or another.  Julia, on the other hand, probably would have eventually found someone on her intellectual level who could appreciate her and not take her for granted.
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline FireRose

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2005, 09:15:23 AM »

Grayson Hall started that when she decided to play the character of Julia to be in love with Barnabas. So because of that interpretation they were never just friends and colleagues. It wasn't that simple.

Even Sam Hall in his interview on one of the DVD's stated that the only way to resolve the Barnabas/ Julia relationship was to kill her off. That there was no place to go with the storyline in regards to Barnabas as long as Julia was there.

FireRose

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2005, 09:43:59 AM »
Could you do one that doesn't have the effects?  (I'd try but don't think I have the patience)

How about this?

Good!
I tried but....it didn't come out too good.  [lghy]
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2005, 10:27:01 AM »
I'm glad they never actually got together on the show.  It would have ruined that tension, and a relationship of that nature probably would have ended badly for both of them.  But I think a lot/most people can relate to the situation Julia is in (longing for someone they can't be with or who doesn't feel the same way) and so they really root for Julia to be with Barnabas.

Well, I agree that if they would've gotten together on the show it might've ruined the tension that many empathize with, however I respectfully disagree that if B&J would've gotten together (in one way or another) the relationship would've ended badly for them... I mean, aside from what the writers may have concocted in such a case, who's to say in that wacky world of Collinsport, ya know?  ::) Well, there was also that little Sam Hall TV Guide article... not that that means everything, but...   :-

IMO, they make a great team as close friends, but not as Romantic partners.

Aw, I think they'd do fine as both...  ;)  ::cough::

He just has way too much baggage, and bad luck seems to follow him wherever he goes.  Any potential romantic interest inevitably ends up dead for one reason or another.

LOL -  true!  Partly because of that infernal curse, that is...  :-   I don't know - as much as I want to give him a good smack up the wazoo from time to time, I still feel for the guy. Sigh--it's my typical Gemini nature I suppose - I can both love and dislike two things at the same freakin' time. It's *madness* I tell ya - LOL  ;D

Julia, on the other hand, probably would have eventually found someone on her intellectual level who could appreciate her and not take her for granted.

Well, I can see exactly where you guys are coming from...but that doesn't automatically mean if she settled down with someone that was her intellectual equal, that she'd have a satisfying relationship for the rest of her days (I think that the way Grayson played Julia evoked some very vulnerable and powerful qualities. Now, I'd be the first to say that Barn. ain't Julia's intellectual equal (snort), but I think that Julia falling in love with B. was one area of her life that she couldn't control...that's who her heart chose) Take Stokes, for example - in many ways he's her equal...smart, scholarly, likes a good sherry and can talk for hours about one fascinating subject after another--but for the life of me I could never see them doing the horizontal tango over a pile of antique books in his posh apartment (although there was an episode...oh I forget the episode number, damn  :P...wherein Julia comes to Stokes' apartment to treat Tony Peterson, and when she sits down on the professor's couch Julia *unintentionally* ::cough:: flashes him a tasty gaze of her leg, stockings, etc. What a hoot! Some of the darndest things happen to Julia when she's treating someone in an emergency...but I digress...) ;D

Moral of this story... I must confess, I've imagined B&J doing a bit of tongue wrestling too, being the wench that I am.   [banana]

But don't mind me -  There's more than enough room for everyone to have their own opinion on that subject...   :-*

Group Hug,

Heather    [8285]

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline Countess

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2005, 06:56:29 AM »
I'm in full agreement with Heather.  B/J in a state of marital bliss just doesn't jive with DS's dark mood.  However, a long romantic involvement (with a few setbacks thrown in for even MORE torture) wouldn't have affected their "friendship" and alliance as ghostbusters.  Let's face it - the love between them was evident IMHO.  :-* I often thought that Angelique's curse prevented Barnabas from making any moves on the good doctor.  With the others, he only lost a lover; with Julia he stood to lose a lover AND a best friend - much higher stakes.  Is he willing to gamble?  Can he stand to live without her?  This quandary would have made for an interesting storyline.  They kiss...then he pulls back.  Will Julia die  like the others?  Or will she walk away when he denies what they share?  I don't think anyone imagines Julia in an apron, preggers no less, whipping up dinner in the kitchen for her man!  Think Mulder and Scully (minus William - a huge mistake, but I digress).  They'd share a loving moment then they'd be up to their necks in conspiracy theories and little grey men.  The writers didn't dwell on it but it was clearly there.  The DS writers  could have thrown us B/J fans a bone once in a while.  I swear that Sam Hall insisted on a "no kissing" clause in Grayson's contract! At least that's what my school pals used to joke about anyway.  Even though DS dropped the ball on the romance that SHOULD have been, we can still create our own version of what would have happened.  Thankfully, I have a "VERY" good imagination...  Ahhhh.....think I need a cigarette after that. ;D

Countess(satisfied at last....)

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2005, 08:33:30 AM »
I don't think anyone imagines Julia in an apron, preggers no less, whipping up dinner in the kitchen for her man!

I do!  LOL
Except I also see her dumping a plate of spaghetti and meatballs in his lap when she's mad at him.

;D
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Countess

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2005, 08:57:06 AM »
I do!  LOL
Except I also see her dumping a plate of spaghetti and meatballs in his lap when she's mad at him.

ROFLMAO Connie [banana]  Is that Julia or June Cleaver?

Countess

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2005, 09:23:56 AM »
Is that Julia or June Cleaver?

OMG!  It's so funny you said that 'cause while I was messing with the picture I was hearing the "Leave It To Beaver" theme music in my head and wishing there was a way to have it playing when people looked at the picture!!  [lghy]

[nut]
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Autumn

• I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2005, 08:05:44 PM »
Being a fan of quentin collins
i think he gave the hottest kisses,they were so soft
and yummy   :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*