Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0381  (Read 1299 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0381
« on: September 10, 2007, 06:03:12 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0381
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 09:00:44 PM »
At the end of this show I wish I would have had a torch.  Angelique is so upset at the end, what did she think would happen Barnabas fall into her arms.   I don't think that she really knows what love really is.

She might know what lust is, but that is about all there is.   The person that she thinks she loves just has had his heart broken and tromped on, and crushed.  When Barnabas says at the end that  he will always love Josette, he just set his path in life.

I think that if Barnabas hadn't had his mother and sister  to take care of, he might have done himself in.

Angelique needs to learn something about love, but she has sold her soal to the Devil  How does she think that she is going to win Barnabas' heart.  Again I with Angelique would have been pushed into one of the candles.

Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 07:15:40 AM »
Was that Tim Gordon playing the false Jeremiah today?  I meant to look especially for him in the closing credits, and then I forgot to do so, but I did look at the credits because I always do (I remember treasuring the last few seconds of the day's Dark Shadows back when it was first on) and I don't remember seeing fake Jeremiah listed.

It's fun to see Ben lambaste Angelique the way she deserves, but what good does it do?  Barnabas tells Angelique that he still loves Josette, and that doesn't do any good, either.  We know that all it means is that Angelique will destroy a few more people in her quest to capture Barnabas.

Poor AndrĂ©; he's in a terrible spot.  He knows perfectly well that there was something going between Jeremiah and Josette, and I imagine that if Josette weren't his daughter, he would tell the whole story to Barnabas.  He's a proud man, and now he has to cover up the behavior of his only child.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 12:13:39 PM »
Poor Barnabas! [bawl] His heart was broken by  the machinations of Angelique.  [love9] Angelique just doesn't get it.  [6184]  I wanted to reach into the screen and smack her one at the end! [smash] Of course, setting her on fire would work, too!  [violent5]

I wonder why they didn't use the real Jeremiah in that scene - and it was some fake aberration. Was Anthony George not available that day? [idontknow]

----- Sally  -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 05:22:48 PM »
Was that Tim Gordon playing the false Jeremiah today?  I meant to look especially for him in the closing credits, and then I forgot to do so, but I did look at the credits because I always do (I remember treasuring the last few seconds of the day's Dark Shadows back when it was first on) and I don't remember seeing fake Jeremiah listed.

Faux Jeremiah was played by stage actor David Cryer in his only DS role.  You may have seen him again since he toured the US with Phantom of the Opera and I think he's still with the show on Broadway.  He's also Jon Cryer's dad.

Was that too much information?  ;)

Offline Misty

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 04:00:48 AM »
One has to feel so very bad for Barnabas, who really has no reason to suspect that Josette has run off ---------least of all with Jeremiah. Once again, a great scene between Ben and Angelique. LP and TD work so well together. I think sometimes Ben gets the best of Angelique.
                                                                    Misty
" Small things amuse small minds"--------at least my students have been led to believe!

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 06:10:32 AM »
Why is everyone so worried about people being alone in the woods? Are there wild animals or something?  ???

Where is Naomi during all this? It would have been nice to have her input. She could have also comforted Barnabas.

All I can say about Angelique is that she enjoys torturing people, even the man she claims to love. Ruining people's lives doesn't bother her one bit, as long as she gets what she wants.  >:(
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 06:20:10 AM »
Was that too much information?
No, indeed!  Thank you!