Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0362  (Read 658 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0362
« on: December 11, 2012, 06:40:50 PM »
Robservations - #362

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0362

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 05:07:15 PM »
Farewell, Dr. Dave Woodard (and Peter Turgeon)!

Julia's door creaks open. Barnabas, in full evil-mode industrial-strength eye makeup, has come to see the effects of his campaign of terror.

Apparently recovered from her brief homicidal phase, Carolyn protests against Barnabas's cruelty to Julia. But he plans to drive her insane--once he gets her notebook. When Carolyn tells him that she got the combination to Tony's safe, why doesn't Barnabas get the notebook himself? It's much more complicated for Carolyn to do it, even plying her feminine wiles.  *distaste*

At his pompous best, Roger delivers another great quote: "Carolyn is always attracted to insolent young men who want to damage the family name--it seems to be a pattern with her. It's probably some form of rebellion." He should consider the family lucky that Tony is at least a lawyer with a steady job and not a biker!

Carolyn sneaks into Tony's office, keys and flashlight in hand. She dials the combination and opens the safe. She rummages through the contents for a little while. Just as she comes to a dismaying conclusion, all the lights suddenly blaze on. She looks up to see Tony Peterson in full trench-coated, Bogartian splendor--and very, very angry....

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 01:59:10 AM »
I am getting a very big kick out of Julia repeatedly asking Tony to "see it" and I am getting an equally big kick out of his priceless replies. If one were listening to the show through a keyhole one might get the wrong impression.

Once again, we get a phoned-in (and this time - horribly written) performance by Peter Turgeon and once again he receives credit for it at episode's end. And once again, nothing much new here. Barn assesses Julia's mental state, she once again accuses him of producing her mental torture and once again Barn feigns innocence & sympathy. And once again Barn has his usual push and pull conversation with Carolyn setting up this week's expectations. And, once again, we get the awkward & boring Carolyn/Tony scene.

We do get a few fresh minutes of delight from Louie Edmonds in the form of a returned Roger unwittingly comforting Julia as noted by DarkLady. Things heat up a bit with Hoffman's phone call to Peterson. Julia finally gets to turn the tables on Carolyn by having Tony bust her breaking into his office safe. Fabulous.

I found the heaving door sound effects slightly reminiscent of Leviathans. Carolyn walked left to right to get into Tony's office but yesterday Julia walked right to left.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 05:48:48 PM »
dom, that's funny about right-to-left and left-to-right! I suppose it's the same camera angle too.  [santa_grin]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 03:41:02 AM »
Barnabas calls her My Dear Julia. I agree about the breaking into the safe. Barnabas can come and go as he wishes yet he mostly want his slaves to do his work for him. Tony appears to have Burkes room with I cant say new, but different furniture. Sarah fades away in front of David.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times