Author Topic: Jonathan Frid and Crypts  (Read 10631 times)

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Jonathan Frid and Crypts
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2007, 12:53:01 PM »
Sally, JF will most likely pose for photos with fans at the table.:)

Hooray! [cheer] I'll have to buy a new camera for the occasion - my current camera doesn't always work. [winkg]

----- Sally -----

[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline rainingwolf

• Full Poster
  • Not all wolves are werewolves!
    • View Profile
    • MySpace Page
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2007, 03:26:42 AM »
Any chance that someone will do a videotape of some Fest events-maybe to put on YouTube? Or is that prohibited? (signing--wanting to go too!!!) [sad11]
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History..."

Offline adamsgirl

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2007, 05:44:47 PM »
Last year, Rainey, Guy Haines, who does videos/DVD's at the festivals, was only permitted to film the Costume Gala and the Collinsport Players skit. In the past, he had filmed various events, such as Q&A panels and such, but that was prohibited. I don't know what will be permitted this year, but I suspect it will be limited yet again.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2007, 06:00:59 PM »
Guy Haines, who does videos/DVD's at the festivals, was only permitted to film the Costume Gala and the Collinsport Players skit. In the past, he had filmed various events, such as Q&A panels and such, but that was prohibited.

Actually adamsgirl, Guy is the Fest videographer on the committee and as such is permitted to tape the entire Festival, not just the above mentioned events.  And in fact, there were several other ppl videotaping things/events in Brooklyn that fans had been told before the Fest weren't allowed to be filmed so don't know how hard they're enforcing the no taping rule.  However, I *can* tell you this, only Guy will be filming Jonathan, for Jonathan's personal collection, not to be released to fans, as he's done in the past when Frid was still going to Fests regularly.  No other fans will be able to tape Frid's show.  Just thought I'd clear that up.    8)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2007, 06:02:55 PM »
Welcome back, BuzzH, you have been missed.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2007, 06:55:50 PM »
Ah, no, no one from the festival is filming Jonathan's performance.  There are other people who will be doing that this August.

Nancy

However, I *can* tell you this, only Guy will be filming Jonathan, for Jonathan's personal collection, not to be released to fans, as he's done in the past when Frid was still going to Fests regularly.  No other fans will be able to tape Frid's show.  Just thought I'd clear that up.    8)

Offline adamsgirl

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2007, 04:45:52 PM »
Well, Buzz, I'm only relating what Guy himself told me concerning last year's festival. He had limited ability/access and only was allowed to sell those events on video or DVD.

As for Frid, I understand what you're saying, Nancy. It's much the same with Nancy Barrett's cabaret thing, as well as the original radio plays the cast performs. It would behoove Frid (and Barrett) to protect their rights and performances. Thus, if someone sanctioned by him is taping, he can be sure it won't be broadcast willy-nilly all over the place without his express permission. Not, of course, that Guy Haines would ever do such a thing, because I know he wouldn't, but still ... it's wise to take precautions.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2007, 04:55:50 PM »
it won't be broadcast willy-nilly all over the place without his express permission. Not, of course, that Guy Haines would ever do such a thing, because I know he wouldn't

That's very probably true. But like anyone else, Guy has no control over who might purchase his tapes and then broadcast the contents all over the place. Some people just don't comprehend the concept of "for private/personal use only."  ::)

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2007, 05:40:24 PM »
As for Frid, I understand what you're saying, Nancy. It's much the same with Nancy Barrett's cabaret thing, as well as the original radio plays the cast performs. It would behoove Frid (and Barrett) to protect their rights and performances.

Yes, very true. Unfortunately, even the simplest thing turns into a legal issue anymore because there is always that one person looking to make a buck and do not care who gets screwed in the process.  However, the reason I am taping the Frid performance on Saturday is because I'm one of two producers of future CDs/DVDs of his one-man shows and we are keeping work of this nature "in-house" for a variety of business reasons.  It doesn't have anything to do with trusting or not trusting another videographer to do the job.

Not, of course, that Guy Haines would ever do such a thing, because I know he wouldn't, but still ... it's wise to take precautions.

No, Guy wouldn't do that. But, unfortunately, other people would. ::)

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2007, 05:48:45 PM »
Can't wait for the DVD, or CD's. I would certainly be willing to pay for a release. That would be something that I would treasure.

I hope that everything does work out. If there is a pre-release price to help raise funds I am in. Thanks, Lori
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2007, 07:11:35 PM »
Well, Buzz, I'm only relating what Guy himself told me concerning last year's festival. He had limited ability/access and only was allowed to sell those events on video or DVD

Look, I've known Guy for 17 years and I know what he did and didn't tape last year!  As for SELLING anything, there's no way he told you personally that he sold or would sell anything since he HASN'T sold anything for a decade or longer!  Sorry, but you must be thinking of someone else!
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2007, 07:31:03 PM »
No, they don't! :o

It can be a tricky thing selling fest tapes to people since you don't know what they will do with it.  Guy has said here and even at the last event he will sell tapes to those who seek him out.  I know a few people who've gotten tapes from him in the past few years and enjoyed them.  Didn't turn up on Youtube at least! :P

Nancy

[That's very probably true. But like anyone else, Guy has no control over who might purchase his tapes and then broadcast the contents all over the place. Some people just don't comprehend the concept of "for private/personal use only."  ::)

Offline adamsgirl

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2007, 02:43:20 PM »
Buzz, I am one of those people who did purchase DVD's of the costume gala and the Collinsport Players skit from Guy last year. They are for my personal use, and my reasons for getting them were simple: I participated in both those events. Thus, I'm not sure what you're driving at. They were available at a price if requested. As for anything else, as related before, there was nothing available for public consumption.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2007, 04:09:24 PM »
We certainly understand how topics can veer off in tangential directions (we've sent more than a few there ourselves  ;)) - but much of the time it's best to take the discussion to private PMs rather than have topics go off in those sorts of directions for too long. So, I'm politely asking that any future discussion of Guy Haines' tapes please be taken to PMs. Thanks.  :)