Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0504  (Read 858 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0504
« on: March 20, 2008, 08:26:27 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0504
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 10:01:31 AM »
I'm not sure why Adam is holding Carolyn hostage.  I'm not sure he knows why he's doing it either, and I'm thinking about how he must view the world.  The first law of the wilderness (or something) is "Kill or be killed, eat or be eaten."  I wonder if Adam's first law is "Jail or be jailed."   It may be that he just doesn't understand the concept of people living together without one of them being locked up.

I like Elizabeth's lavender dress.  I keep thinking that I shouldn't.  That single button at the top doesn't perform any useful function.  But I like it anyway.  And there was something unusually nice about the scenes with Elizabeth and Vicky today, but I'm not sure what, so perhaps it was just the lavender dress.

The abandoned cellar has a decorative arched door, so if I were Carolyn, I'd tell myself that the captivity wasn't all bad.  And if I were Carolyn, I'd be wondering if I could get out through the roof - which might well lead to a Truman Burbank moment.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 02:11:23 PM »
The way the deputy treated Adam was no better than the way Willie had treated him. And like Willie, the deputy was just asking for it the way he was taunting Adam. Anyone with the least bit of common sense would know it is not wise to taunt someone who is believed to be dangerous.

Cassandra really put on the "I'm so misunderstood" act with Vicki today. Let's see...she's done everything she could to put off going on a honeymoon with her new husband, made her stepson mute, bewitched one man and blinded another, and last but not least has initiated a dream curse to terrorize others so eventually it will reach her first hubby and turn him back into a vampire....so misunderstood indeed!!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 07:12:46 PM »
Carolyn just might be a bird in the hand to Adam.   He feels less alone and powerless than when he's on his own.     Other people know the world and he doesn't, so Carolyn's like a genie he's bottled up that he doesn't know how to use.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 09:39:15 AM »
I felt sorry for Adam sitting in that jail cell not knowing how to communicate effectively.  [easter_sad] He knew that he left Carolyn alone, but he wasn't able to go back to her. That is, not until that redneck cop taunted him like Willie had. Adam got so mad that he knocked the cop unconscious and ripped open the bars to escape.  [easter_angry]

I was impressed by how Vicki was able to read Adam's emotions, and comment to Elizabeth about them. [easter_wink]

-----  Sally -----
[easter_cool] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 07:13:58 PM »
How many here cheered when the cop got it?  Hands?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor