Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0470  (Read 902 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0470
« on: February 02, 2008, 05:28:10 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0470
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 01:26:42 PM »
I was quite disappointed that the closing credits didn't show the arm in its box.

Somehow Vicky's journey into the past seemed quite improbable today - as if it really were only a dream.  Vicky was saying the history books don't tell everything, and I was thinking: why should we believe her over a history book?

When Vicky was showing Roger/Joshua the telephone, I was wondering if we'd get a look at if through Joshua's eyes, and if so, what it would have been transmuted into.  I couldn't think of anything.  Maybe the writers couldn't, either.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 07:06:40 AM »
Angelique sure has a lot of power.  [Witch_Potion_Animated] Vicki was able to bring Roger back to his senses by showing him the phone. [clap2] But as soon as Roger was away from Vicki, Angelique's spell came back to him. It's too bad Vicki couldn't stop Roger. [snow_undecided]

It was heartening to watch Barnabas marvel at his reflection. [snow_cheesy] I felt sorry for Barnabas when Vicki told him she couldn't marry him.  [snow_sad] But I don't blame her; I would have done the same thing. Barnabas is no longer a vampire (at least for now), so he has no power left to make Vicki want to be with him.

That was pretty spooky to see that severed arm! [snow_shocked]

----- Sally ----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 01:33:16 AM »
I understand Barnabas' disappointment at Vicki now wanting to marry any longer now that she was free of his power. However, I don't see why that should make him want to give up wanting to stay human.

He wouldn't be the first man to be rejected by the woman he loves for another man...heck, it's already happened to him once before when Josette left him to marry Jeremiah (granted that was only because of Angelique's spell).

I loved that scene between Roger and Vicki when he thought he was Joshua. It was very humorous. At one point he shouts at her "You really have taken leave of your senses!" SHE'S taken leave of her senses?! Dear Roger, YOU are the one who thinks you're someone else! LOL

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 01:41:16 PM »
I understand Barnabas' disappointment at Vicki now wanting to marry any longer now that she was free of his power. However, I don't see why that should make him want to give up wanting to stay human.

He wouldn't be the first man to be rejected by the woman he loves for another man...heck, it's already happened to him once before when Josette left him to marry Jeremiah (granted that was only because of Angelique's spell).

I loved that scene between Roger and Vicki when he thought he was Joshua. It was very humorous. At one point he shouts at her "You really have taken leave of your senses!" SHE'S taken leave of her senses?! Dear Roger, YOU are the one who thinks you're someone else! LOL

As for Barnabas and rejection... well, he doesn't take that kind of thing very well.   Even for the rest of us, it doesn't work just to say that, well, it happens, he should shrug and move on...

I LOLed remembering that Rog/Josh scene just now.    Absolutely humorless people are a scream.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor