Author Topic: HAVE A HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE!  (Read 2024 times)

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
Re: HAVE A HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE!
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2002, 08:31:14 PM »
It's been a nice hot weekend, for the last 3 days, it's been 110 in Las Vegas. No chance of losing my suntan any time soon. I like the bronzed look. I had a birthday party for my 6 year old yesterday. Last night me, my daughter, her father, his grandson, and my Mom went to the Fremont Street Experience in downtown Las Vegas. We watched the laser lights show with the music. It's great! I would never go down there on New Year's Eve though, too crowded! I stick to Las Vegas Boulevard, at least you can move. My Mom thought she was going to have to go back home today, but my dad said she can stay until Wednesday. At my daughter's school, they are having a little graduation ceremony on stage for the Kindergarten classes. August 14 is the last day of school. She starts 1st grade on August 26. We have 12 month school here. I hope everyone else is having a nice weekend!  :)
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2002, 09:23:33 PM »
I didn't mean to knock school ....I meant it in the content that the summer is going way too fast.  The kids didn't get out here til the 20th of June.  Seems like they no sooner got out, it's time for them to go back.

That was my fault, Donna... I'm the one that inferred I want my weekday "mommy time" back.  But as Connie reminded me (gee, thanks! ;)), the tradeoff is that it won't be long before I'm back in what I call *homework hell*.

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2002, 09:35:18 PM »
It's been a nice hot weekend, for the last 3 days, it's been 110 in Las Vegas. No chance of losing my suntan any time soon. I like the bronzed look. I had a birthday party for my 6 year old yesterday. Last night me, my daughter, her father, his grandson, and my Mom went to the Fremont Street Experience in downtown Las Vegas. We watched the laser lights show with the music. It's great! I would never go down there on New Year's Eve though, too crowded! I stick to Las Vegas Boulevard, at least you can move. My Mom thought she was going to have to go back home today, but my dad said she can stay until Wednesday. At my daughter's school, they are having a little graduation ceremony on stage for the Kindergarten classes. August 14 is the last day of school. She starts 1st grade on August 26. We have 12 month school here. I hope everyone else is having a nice weekend!  :)

Sounds like you had a good weekend Cheryl. I hope your daughter had a great birthday!  :)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Lindsey

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2002, 12:11:35 AM »
Adra,
  I will be a junior this fall. I am absolutely dreading it.  :P Everyone at my school says junior year is the hardest. There is one class, with one certain teacher, that I am taking this year that is going to be awful. (Trig) A girl who was in musical with me, who took the class last year, told me that she always gets straight A's, but she got a D on her Trig exam.  :o

I will be back to my old schedule where I never see the computer until the weekend. Plus, though I record DS, I often don't have any time to watch it.  >:(

-Lindsey
"What is the truth?" 
"That I love you.  No matter how much I fight my feelings, I will always love you."
                          -Barnabas and Angelique 1840

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2002, 02:42:57 AM »
You know what's weird?  Seeing all the "back to school" ads on TV and in the newspaper still makes me feel uneasy and pisses me off--and I graduated college in 1976!  I can't explain it--you'd think *I* was still expected back to books and teachers' dirty looks myself!  

I'm happy for those parents delighted to see their angels returning to school and sorry for those who feel the summer has flown by.  Once my son started working at day camp, I knew the summer would be fleeting, as it always is.  LOL, he's complaining he can't wait for his sophomore year in college to start so he can sleep later!  He has to rise early now to get ready for camp.  

Here's to cooler weather, anyway, although frigid winter can stay away FOREVER!

Love, Robin

Offline A.I.Collins

• Full Poster
  • Look into those sexy eyes....
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2002, 07:12:33 AM »
Lindsey,

Don't worry.11th grade isn't as bad as people make it out to be.The people at my school told me the same thing,but I worked hard and made good grades.You'll be okay.:)

Adra

P.S...make room for DS in your daily schedule....you'll feel a whole lot better. :P
Dark Shadows...my little ball of sunshine!!!

Connie

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2002, 11:01:46 AM »
But as Connie reminded me (gee, thanks! ;)), the tradeoff is that it won't be long before I'm back in what I call *homework hell*.

Yer welcome!!
      ;D