Author Topic: OT: I passed!  (Read 2212 times)

Offline Lindsey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
OT: I passed!
« on: July 31, 2002, 09:56:05 PM »
I had told everyone about a week ago about taking my driving test sometime this week and everyone had said to keep them updated. Well, I took my test today and PASSED!!!  ;D  ;D I was so scared.

I pulled into the License Bureau with my mom and I immdiately see the manueverability course with one of the cones knocked over. Obviously the person taking the test before me failed-such encouragement. Then, I see a girl from my History class who is getting ready to take her test. We wish each other good luck and I have to sit there and wait. I watch and see that she passed, which made me happy, but I was soooooo nervous! Anyway, the lady finally came and I had to take the manueverability test. In the middle of it, a fly starts buzzing around in the car and distracting me and making the lady mad. Such luck. But, I managed to pass-didn't even brush against a cone-and started the driving part, which I passed as well. Phew, what a load of weight of my shoulders! :) Thanks for all the good wishes everyone!

-Lindsey

P.S. Daphne, I read you took your test today too. Congratulations!!
"What is the truth?" 
"That I love you.  No matter how much I fight my feelings, I will always love you."
                          -Barnabas and Angelique 1840

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: OT: I passed!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2002, 10:01:13 PM »
Congrat's Lindsey (& Daphne too!)

Dom

Offline ShadowsAtlanta

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2002, 10:02:51 PM »
Congrats, Lindsey!  And may I add that your writing skills are very good for someone your age...   :)

Joe

Offline ShadowsAtlanta

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2002, 10:06:24 PM »
Um, that is, your writing skills are good for someone of ANY age... you know what I meant, I hope!  

Joe

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2002, 10:10:49 PM »
CONGRATULATIONS LINDSEY!! [thumb][thumb][thumb]                                                      

WAY TO GO!! [hello][hello][hello]                                  [/color][/size]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2002, 10:16:43 PM »
In the middle of it, a fly starts buzzing around in the car and distracting me and making the lady mad.
SOOOOO! now we know what Ima is doing since the series!!!

congratulations L!    [were you named after the singer for Paul Revere and The Raiders?]

Ringo [jester]

................................................eveybody off the roads!!
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline MikeS

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2002, 10:26:50 PM »
Congratulations Lindsey!!

Offline Angelique_s_Sis

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2002, 11:15:54 PM »
;D ;D

CONGRATS LINDSEY!!!! ;D

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2002, 11:25:10 PM »
Congrats to the new drivers, Lindsey and Daphne!

Do you know, back in 1971, when I took my road test, we had to wait a WEEK to find out if we passed?  They didn't tell us on the spot, I suppose because the inspectors didn't want irate failures punching them out!

I had so little self confidence, I didn't expect to pass on the first try, but I did, and woe to the world!  Every time we pass a tipped over road sign, my husband asks, "Have you been driving here again?"  

But I've always talked my way out of getting a ticket!  

Drive safely--and wear your seatbelts!

Love, Robin  

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2002, 12:22:24 AM »
In the middle of it, a fly starts buzzing around in the car and distracting me and making the lady mad. Such luck.

Oops.  I told you the rest of us would be with you there in spirit, hee hee.

But, I managed to pass-didn't even brush against a cone-and started the driving part, which I passed as well.

YAY!!!

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2002, 01:37:06 AM »
CONGRATULATIONS FROM VAM AND THAT PESKY FLY FROM THE DS SERIES!
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Lindsey

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2002, 01:50:52 AM »
Thanks everyone for the fond congratulations! I am so relieved it's over with. I have been out on the roads by myself, and I feel like I am being naughty because my parents aren't there in the car with me. It feels wierd. lol Now I keep bugging my parents, "Can I use the car tomorrow?" and volunteering to run all the errands I normally hate to do.

Ringo-
Actually, my parents named me after some lady on "The Young and the Restless". Now, why couldn't they have named me off someone on another soap opera...?  ;)

Joe-
Thanks for the kind comment! I was on a writing team back in 8th grade and I advanced to the state level. I had a wonderful coach, and I learned so much through that experience. I also take Adv. English classes where I get to do all my writing now. Right now, as a summer job, I am tutoring fifth graders with writing at a summer school here in town.

Thanks again!

-Lindsey
"What is the truth?" 
"That I love you.  No matter how much I fight my feelings, I will always love you."
                          -Barnabas and Angelique 1840

Offline Daphne

• Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2002, 03:42:07 AM »
I pulled into the License Bureau with my mom and I immdiately see the manueverability course with one of the cones knocked over. Obviously the person taking the test before me failed-such encouragement. Then, I see a girl from my History class who is getting ready to take her test. We wish each other good luck and I have to sit there and wait. I watch and see that she passed, which made me happy, but I was soooooo nervous! Anyway, the lady finally came and I had to take the manueverability test. In the middle of it, a fly starts buzzing around in the car and distracting me and making the lady mad. Such luck. But, I managed to pass-didn't even brush against a cone-and started the driving part, which I passed as well. Phew, what a load of weight of my shoulders! :) Thanks for all the good wishes everyone!

-Lindsey

LOLOL ... first off, thanks!! Congrats to you too!

And 2nd off .... I didn't have 2 take a test 2 my license ....... *DUCKS* ... lol Texas is just weird like that. We have to take Drivers Ed, and we take a test to pass THAT, and then once we pass Drivers Ed, you just wait until you're 16 and you can get your license. LOL ... or that's how it was for me, anyway. Cuz now they passed this law where you have 2 wait 6 months after you're 16 to get your license. I have a friend in NJ, and he said they have 2 wait until they're 18! LOL!!!!! I was like "sux 2 b u!" LOL ..... how kind ^_~ But I passed my Driver's Ed test, sooooo .... I guess that qualifies me, no?? Teehehe *giggles mischeviously*

I know what you mean about volunteering to do errands! I do that too! I'm like "I'LL DO IT! LEMME DO IT! I'LL DRIVE!! OOOOOOO I WANNA!"  ::) I think my parents are inventing stuff for me to do to get me outta the house. HAHAHA ^_^

Congrats again!! LOL You actually had to pass something ^_~
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

Offline Donna

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2002, 04:28:50 AM »
CONGRATULATIONS ON PASSING LINDSEY!!

May you have many, many happy travels and may they be safe ones.   :)   [hello]
"The hardest act to follow is yourself."  Sir Paul McCartney  :-*

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2002, 05:14:36 AM »
congratulations L!    [were you named after the singer for Paul Revere and The Raiders?]

I just saw old Mark Ringo at The Barnstable County Fair
in Falmouth Mass Still have a crush on him! someone pass me a Tiger Beat!

jennifer
don't need kicks just need HELP!

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV