Author Topic: OT: Kate Jackson's "The Rookies" Leaving TV Land  (Read 1127 times)

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
OT: Kate Jackson's "The Rookies" Leaving TV Land
« on: July 27, 2002, 07:23:28 PM »
For the Kate Jackson fans, "The Rookies" will leave TV Land starting September 2nd. They have been repeating the first 30 or so episodes over due to them having to digitalize the series (They air they're shows digitalized, but they made a deal with Colombia Tristar to get some shows that hadn't aired for years, and none of them had been digitalized). It will be replaced by it's spinoff, "S*W*A*T"

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
Re: OT: Kate Jackson's "The Rookies" Leaving TV Land
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2002, 08:00:59 PM »
For the Kate Jackson fans,

another 'portrait in the closet' somewhere!

[and I'll confine my D.O.M. comments to just that!]

......however, I did get out my signed copy of the Barbara Eden LP to add to the display, last night..... ;)
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Selby_D._Pearson

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2002, 11:31:07 AM »
:'( Whah!

TV Land also cancelled "Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman" after only 34 of two years' worth of episodes. Another dysfunctional family serial that seems to have trouble appearing in its complete form in syndication!

Mary Hartman understood even less than Victoria Winters.

SDP

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2002, 04:36:01 AM »
:'( Whah!
TV Land also cancelled "Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman" after only 34 of two years' worth of episodes. Another dysfunctional family serial that seems to have trouble appearing in its complete form in syndication!

Yeah I watched that on TV Land and they took it off because they have yet to digitalize the episodes past 35. Same for many of the Colombia Tristar shows that recently came to TV Land including "The Rookies". So there's always a chance both will return.

BTW, Mary Hartman at least was forceful with Tom, unlike Vicki with Jeff  ;) Woah now I'm getting images of Vicki in a nightrobe on her bed yelling at Jeff to make love to her *Tries to forget image*

Selby_D._Pearson

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2002, 10:14:58 AM »
Thanks, VictoriaWintersRox, for giving me hope that MH, MH will continue! I just hope we don't have to wait as long as we did for all of the DS episodes before MH, MH airs in its entirety in syndication!

BTW, Mary Hartman at least was forceful with Tom, unlike Vicki with Jeff   Woah now I'm getting images of Vicki in a nightrobe on her bed yelling at Jeff to make love to her *Tries to forget image*

SPOILER...

Well, at least Jeff didn't give Vicki the "social disease" that he caught from Danielle Roget! (Too busy touching his hair on their honeymoon to consummate his and Vicki's marriage before he was sucked back into the past.)

Offline Daphne

• Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2002, 06:03:29 AM »
Woah now I'm getting images of Vicki in a nightrobe on her bed yelling at Jeff to make love to her *Tries to forget image*

BAAAAAH!!!!!! *rubs eyes* NO NO NO NO!!!!!!! AHHHH KINKY!!!! LMAO!!!! *falls off chair laughing* tooo funnie!!! But OMG, she [Mary Hartman] is SOOOOOO annoying!! AHHH i wanna take her bangs and chop them off and get rid of the braids!!!!! OMG!!!!! *twitches* She. Is. So. Annoying!!! AHHHH!!! *more twitches*

and  :'(  :'(  :'( they're taking off  TR *le tear* I love that show. Michael Ontkean is soooo hot!!! LOL But the guest stars have more air time than the series stars do, so that kinda ticks me off ........ but still!!!  :'(
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2002, 06:19:46 AM »
BAAAAAH!!!!!! *rubs eyes* NO NO NO NO!!!!!!! AHHHH KINKY!!!! LMAO!!!! *falls off chair laughing* tooo funnie!!! But OMG, she [Mary Hartman] is SOOOOOO annoying!! AHHH i wanna take her bangs and chop them off and get rid of the braids!!!!! OMG!!!!! *twitches* She. Is. So. Annoying!!! AHHHH!!! *more twitches*

LOL!

This thread has started to make me think about MHMH and DS TOGETHER *Scary thought*. I can see Joan Bennett as Liz talking to her plants like Martha. David reminds me of Heather except David at least had good posture. I can imagine how embaressed Vicki would be if she had to go to the library to pick up some books on the 'social' disease Jeff gave her after being with Danielle. Poor Maggie Evans as the paralyzed country singer who got hit by a busload of nuns *sigh* Cassandra Collins is sorta like Roberta Walleshak from MHMH since she's in love with an older man, Grandpa Larkin/Roger Collins. All this talk about it makes me feel upset that TV Land is dropping MHMH *sigh*

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2002, 06:59:04 AM »

I am glad TV Land added Father Knows Best, and right after that Gunsmoke comes on. I tape both of those shows, hoping to get the episodes that Craig Slocum was in.
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2002, 04:26:55 PM »
another 'portrait in the closet' somewhere!

[and I'll confine my D.O.M. comments to just that!]

......however, I did get out my signed copy of the Barbara Eden LP to add to the display, last night..... ;)

Oh Ringo! i must add you're my favorite DOM![coolb]

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline AllMyShadows

• Junior Poster
  • DS Fan All the Way!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2002, 04:44:02 AM »
Maggie's song for Vicki

They call me a governess
And I'm riding the traaain to Collinwood
I got a vampire, a pheonix, a hair grabber and a witch
Riding the traaain to Collinwood

Yeah, and Barnabas/George would come home and get his butt donut, while Cathy/Carolyn would work in a massage parlor. Now I'm getting images. I have Professer Stokes/Charlie and Maggie/Loretta trying to make a baby.......sweet Jesus........ :o :o
DS on Sci-Fi
1992-1997, 1999-2003
Let's just hope TVLand picks it up or something like that lol

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2002, 04:51:20 AM »
They call me a governess
And I'm riding the traaain to Collinwood
I got a vampire, a pheonix, a hair grabber and a witch
Riding the traaain to Collinwood

ROTFLMAOWTIME!

I can see Angelique in the role of Dorelda Doremus, the fake 'spritual' healer, except she wouldn't be fake. Poor Maggie would be in a car accident with a bus load of nuns  :( But according to her, it wouldn't be a sin since she's not Catholic  ;D Hmmm but who would be in the role of Vicki's father? I can see Liz as her mom in it, talking to her ferns.

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2002, 05:00:47 PM »
Hey gang,

I was kind of depressed when the Sci-Fi Channel stopped showing "The Time tunnel."  After all, they have only aired it, maybe, two or three hundred times already.

I particularly enjoyed the witty repartee between Whit Bissell and Lee Meriwether.  Their dialogue was almost as droll and sophisticated as the wonderfully acerbic ripostes exchanged between Will Marshall and Dr. Smith on "Lost In Space":  "Dr. Smith, you're an unctuous underling.  Will, my dear boy, you're a poor, benighted boob."  A perfect segue into the Sci-Fi Channel's airing of Dark Shadows, I'm sure you'll agree.

Sincerely,

Bob the Bartender, card-carrying member of the Kurt Kazner fan club.